Wolf Introduction to Colorado video

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Try staying on topic, COLORADO...can you name a bill that has been ran in Colorado to control wolves that BHA has not endorsed?

For the record, please post up all the bills that have been run by the Legislatures in MT, ID, WY, WI, MI, MN, WA, etc. in regard to wolf control.

The Montana Chapter of BHA opposed the last anti-trapping initiative to ban trapping in Montana. If it would have passed, no wolf trapping in Montana.

Any other dumb questions while you're busy grinding that ax?

Speaking of staying on topic.... Perhaps you can share with the group where you came by BHA's statement on the proposed Colorado wolf re-intro. I KNOW where it came from.

BuzzH

WKR
another deflect and refusal to answer a simple question from buzzh

Ok BUZZ H Does BHA support trapping and shooting from planes and helicopters to control predator populations in Washington and Oregon?

please provide an official statement

BUZZH have you ever received funding from anti hunting organizations?

Deflect? Not answering questions? Wow, that's special coming from you, the king of never answering a question.

I asked for a list of legislation that ID, WY, CO, WA, OR, etc. has run to control wolves...you never answered.

Have you any proof that BHA has opposed any such legislation, in any State?

Please provide one shred of proof for any of your allegations....I'm guessing crickets.

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
If you're so sure you know, then post it up.

I already did. In my first post on this thread. It was in response to an email from a Bowsite.com member.

Here's the link, in case you missed it the first time. Very first post is BHA's response.

Still waiting to see the "official" stance. Keep checking their Facebook page and all I see are invites for Pint Night.

BuzzH

WKR
I already did. In my first post on this thread. It was in response to an email from a Bowsite.com member.

Here's the link, in case you missed it the first time. Very first post is BHA's response.

Still waiting to see the "official" stance. Keep checking their Facebook page and all I see are invites for Pint Night.

Then why did you ask?

I got the information via email, not from bowsite.

Is anyone aware of any details shared publicly regarding the number of wolves, and the proposed location(s) that they would be released?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Is anyone aware of any details shared publicly regarding the number of wolves, and the proposed location(s) that they would be released?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The bill hasn't even passed yet...and Colorado has no wolf management plan in place.

Cart squarely in front of the horse.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Acting like it won't pass is laughable. Colorado will have no management plan because the public is infatuated with wolves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Acting like it won't pass is laughable. Colorado will have no management plan because the public is infatuated with wolves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sounds like Colorado hunters need to get on the ball.

Unfortunately, Colorado hunters are greatly outnumbered. There is 5.7 million legal people and maybe maybe a million of them that hunt that are of age to vote. We are mini California with all the "woke" people. Democrat will win CO. Wolves will get voted in. Simply outnumbered.

BuzzH

WKR
Unfortunately, Colorado hunters are greatly outnumbered. There is 5.7 million legal people and maybe maybe a million of them that hunt that are of age to vote. We are mini California with all the "woke" people. Democrat will win CO. Wolves will get voted in. Simply outnumbered.

And?

What does that have to do with getting in front of this thing by coming up with a Wolf State Management Plan?

WY, ID, and MT did exactly that, and guess what, we manage wolves.

Or, I suppose you could continue to whine, stomp your feet, and hold your breath for an encore...all the while complaining about democrats, California and woke folk...your choice.

I don't live in CO, not my pig, not my farm...do what you feel is best.

I was not whining. I was simply saying it is going to pass. No amount of videos is going to change that. The wolf is cute and cuddly. Just like the bears.

As far as a management plan, it will happen. It comes down to how many wolves they want in the ecosystem and ACTUALLY keeping objectives in check. The thing that hurt WY, MT, and ID was that wolves were protected federally. That in turn made the population get way out of control and cause substantial damage to deer and elk herds.

akj91

FNG
Hardly crickets...

Statement:

The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and the Public Trust Doctrine define fish and wildlife resources as the property of the people and managed by the state and federal agencies entrusted with their stewardship. Backcountry Hunters & Anglers acknowledges this model as the foundation of science-based fish and wildlife management and we support hunting, fishing and trapping as appropriate management tools. BHA does not endorse advancing wildlife management policies and decisions by state or federal legislation or voter referendums and ballot initiatives. We are obligated as an organization committed to hunters and anglers to advance sound stewardship policies that are guided by science over politics, emotion, and conjecture.

While the presence of wolves and evidence of natural colonization in Colorado has instigated passionate conversations, BHA’s policies related to wildlife management remain unchanged. We do, however, recommend the following actions be considered related to future wolf management needs in the state:

• Update Colorado’s dated wolf management plan to incorporate new science, wildlife and habitat data, and the growing body of evidence that suggests natural colonization of the grey wolf (Canis lupus) is a reality in Colorado.

• Direct the appropriate decision-makers to study, evaluate, and secure new sources of funding to support the new financial burden of wolf management in Colorado.

• Develop a plan to evaluate potential livestock depredations and community conflicts, provide for ongoing monitoring, and create a compensation program that mitigates livestock losses for impacted commercial producers.

• Direct the appropriate decision-makers to create durable policies for any new livestock compensation programs that protect state-based revenue sources provided by hunters and anglers (Game Cash Fund) and create legal compliance with and insulation for federal funds provided by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937 (Pittman–Robertson).

• Facilitate cross-jurisdictional collaboration with neighboring states and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service related to future wolf management needs in Colorado.

Brien Webster Program Manager Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

@WJS23 I reached out to one of the more active members of our chapter and he referred me to this post. It’s a response to an email that was sent to the BHA about what we were talking about last night. Not sure of the source, however, I emailed the Colorado chapter about the initiative directly this morning too, so I’ll let you know what they say if you want.

Tywoods

FNG
What's important to consider with wolves being planted in CO, is that special interest groups like DOW, and Center for Bio-Diversity make a living off litigating management efforts in federal courts. They successfully stifled management efforts in Idaho for nearly ten years and I can guarantee they are poised to do the same in CO. It's absolutely sickening that they are allowed to interfere in such a way. Then they all act gut-shot when Idaho extends wolf seasons/quotas to try and manage a wolf explosion, the blood is on their hands!

Scoutman

FNG
The Coloradan's that I know have a management plan already, been working just fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk