Wolf kills dog in CO

Dcrafton

WKR
That is the second kill in less than a month in the same area. The first being a cow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get used to it!
They introduced wolves a Wisconsin a while back.
Now they have this fun interactive way to see the path of carnage by year.
Green dots are the livestock they ate, red dots are the pets they ate, blue dots are unconfirmed wolf kills. If you click on the dot, you can see what kind of cow/dog/horse was eaten.
Wisconsin wolf kill map

1642000915923.png

Good. I hope every time there’s a wolf kill of a domesticated animal it continues to make the news.
Which a little bit of luck maybe the next one will be some hippie’s or hikers yorkiepoo.

NB7

WKR
Get used to it!
They introduced wolves a Wisconsin a while back.
Now they have this fun interactive way to see the path of carnage by year.
Green dots are the livestock they ate, red dots are the pets they ate, blue dots are unconfirmed wolf kills. If you click on the dot, you can see what kind of cow/dog/horse was eaten.
Wisconsin wolf kill map

View attachment 366893
Is that from one year or numerous years? Either way that looks like a lot of kills on domestic animals. Imagine what they're doing to wildlife

Fordguy

WKR
One of the articles that I read mentioned that killing a wolf in Colorado for any reason other than self defense was a felony punishable by huge fines and or imprisonment. Does self defense extend to your dog or livestock? I mean my dogs and my horses are pretty much members of my family. If I happened to be on site when a wolf was after either of them I don't think anyone could convince me not to eliminate the threat. I don't live in Colorado so I'm not likely to face that scenario, but it doesn't seem very realistic if the definition of "self defense" doesn't extend to pets and livestock on your own property.

LostArra

WKR
Colorado needs billboards with a running total of dead pets and livestock by wolves with maybe a photo of the carcass of the latest victim.

Edit: I have nothing against the wolf but I have a problem with ballot box management of wildlife.

Last edited:
Is that from one year or numerous years? Either way that looks like a lot of kills on domestic animals. Imagine what they're doing to wildlife
This is one year.
Each year looks similar but progressive towards the southern part of the state, (a more populated area), an area that the wolves are finding on their own.

Reactions: NB7

sneaky

"DADDY"
This is one year.
Each year looks similar but progressive towards the southern part of the state, (a more populated area), an area that the wolves are finding on their own.
You gotta show the map of mountain lion kills. Buzz says they kill 5 times as much as wolves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk