Wolf Pics

OFFHNTN

WKR
A year ago I was finally able to get a shot at a wolf. On top of having wolf tags piggy-backed on during several hunts for other animals, I had been on 4 Canadian winter wolf hunts resulting in one quick sighting and zero shots taken. Almost all involved brutal cold, sunrise to sunset sits, mind numbing boredom, and hundreds of hours sitting as motionless as possible, hoping for a glimpse.......a chance. I would see fresh tracks almost every day, many days on top of my boot tracks from when I walked out the night before. I would hear them howl seemingly right on top of me, but they seldom showed themselves. They are the most elusive animal I have ever hunted, and I have so much respect for these animals.
I got the mount back last week so I thought I would share.

2018Wolf1.jpg
2018wolf2-jpg.89965
2018Wolf2.jpg2018WolfMount1.jpg2018WolfMount2.jpg

OP
OFFHNTN

OFFHNTN

WKR
Well heck, if any knows how to rotate a picture that would be great! lol

VernAK

WKR
Good job on a nice wolf!

Most wolves are taken incidental to other hunting but you put in your time to take one of North America's finer trophies. Congratulations!

tntrker

WKR
I think we all know what it's like to have countless hours and days with nothing to show and the reward of pride/excitement when it all pays off. Great job on your patience, skill, and unrelenting hope for such a cunning, elusive, beautiful trophy!