Wolf Precision rifles?

kickemall

WKR
Does anyone have any experience with a rifle from Wolf Precision? Don't care about model or caliber just any likes or dislikes or comparisons to other customs.

OP
K

kickemall

WKR
I'll take anything. Someone has to have shot one, handled one, seen one or something?

Sako76

WKR
I went to the Wolf Precision Shooting school in May of 2019, Jamie Dotson had several of his rifles that he rented to his clients. They were sweet and shot great. His rifles were topped with $3000 Kahles scopes. Jamie knows his stuff!

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t shot his rifles but Jamie has done some work on one of my guns and he is a great guy. He is about as detail oriented as you can get. The cutting of the chamber separate from the rest of the barrel seems like an great idea but I don’t know that much about it other than what he told me when we talked. It seems like you will get a quality rifle from him but I can’t vouch for how they shoot.

Sako76

WKR
Jamie has won a lot of shooting matches with his rifles, BAT actions and special made Proof Research barrels. He used to shoot a 260 and now he has switched over to a 6.5 Creedmoor, he says you don't need anything else, hunting included. We were ringing gongs and shooting water filled milk jugs at 1000 yards, most of the guys were shooting Creedmoors. 1 308, 1 6.5x284 and 1 300 WM. The 6.5x284 (non-Wolf custom) and the 300 WM (Savage) both fell apart on the line. The 300 WM user, a Boston cop also had his $3000 Vortex chit the bed after 60 rounds (click adjustment failed), he wasn't a happy camper.

A guy from Maryland had Jamie build him the 308 and he loved it! 18 1/2" barrel and he rented a suppressor off Jamie, I guess you can't have them in Maryland just like here in New Jersey.

OP
K

kickemall

WKR
The little I've heard they're great rifles but have never handled one and am a little leery of buying one without seeing or shooting one first.

Sako76

WKR
Go to his shooting school and shoot one for 3 days! Give him a call, Jamie mentioned at the school that a father and his teen age daughter took the course. The daughter loved the course and Jamie's rifle. The father arranged to buy the "used" rifle for his daughter for Christmas. The father put some money down and made monthly payments.

Jamie is a knowledgeable and practical guy. He uses the ACE system to screw his barrels to so doing a barrel change takes an hour and not weeks! I learned a lot, air fare is cheap, you will love his rifle, look at a used one. Good luck and reach out if you need more info.

OP
K

kickemall

WKR
Go to his shooting school and shoot one for 3 days! Give him a call, Jamie mentioned at the school that a father and his teen age daughter took the course. The daughter loved the course and Jamie's rifle. The father arranged to buy the "used" rifle for his daughter for Christmas. The father put some money down and made monthly payments.

Jamie is a knowledgeable and practical guy. He uses the ACE system to screw his barrels to so doing a barrel change takes an hour and not weeks! I learned a lot, air fare is cheap, you will love his rifle, look at a used one. Good luck and reach out if you need more info.
I've been thinking about doing just that.

Does anyone have any experience with a rifle from Wolf Precision? Don't care about model or caliber just any likes or dislikes or comparisons to other customs.
Im a little late. But took a class, shot the school rifle, which was a 22 creedmore. Im not a great shooter, but i was hitting 1000 yds by Day 2. Jamie is very credible gunsmith and a great guy. Veteran-owned. Theres a good youtube about his patented ACE system.