Wolf problem

Msr2017

FNG
Hey there fellow hunters I got a problem with a pack of wolves on my property they seem to like eating beef and are after my cows, wondering if any one has any tricks to get the buggers and what works the best? Would you take the alpha out first? Was gonna invest in a predator call, what call would you set it on and how long would you use it?

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
So if you get a dead one, build a boma around it and snares in every entrance..

Last edited:

yojo.3

FNG
A posting in the rally point could probably help the problem. Cow calf in distress would work pretty good if they have been after your cattle. But i wouldnt play that one to close to the actual cattle.

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
What State are you in? If in MN, Call the DNR and ask them. MN has now divided the state into two Wolf Zones, A and B. Depending on what zone your in, you can legally kill Wolves that are about to do harm to your Family Pets and Livestock and your person. Just need to call the DNR inside of 24-hours so they can come out after the kill.

Of course they are still sitting on their A$$ for announcing a Wolf Hunt this Fall and or Trapping unlike WI. But of course our Gov. Like the cute fluffy Wolves...and won't let the DNR manage them.

OP
Msr2017

Msr2017

FNG
I’m actually up in Canada Manitoba is the Provence and as for wolves, bears, any kinda vermin as a farmer it’s open season on them, if they are after livestock or family critters, of course tree huggers trying to get them protected. Had a cougar problem years back our DNR told us on record had to be relocated off record he told us do the three S’s. They brought out the bear live trap only thing we trapped was our Great Pyrenees lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
Snares and traps on any kill of theirs you find, they'll wise up to a predator call pretty quick after the first shots go by them. Set your snares/ traps far enough back from the kill so they don't associate the two. They'll abandon it if they do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
As much as people hate them, many of the replies make me impressed with how smart they are. I hear them where I hunt, but have yet to see one with a lot of glassing and cow calling.

Down here our DNR-equivalent would have more experience in the tricks of the trade cuz they have to help deal with the complaints/claims of all types, including help to any contract hunters, if that’s what it came to. If it’s open season, seems like there’d be a bio in there somewhere that’d know a thing or two. Then again, bear boxes aren’t that hard to use, so you might want to ask for someone other than the folks that helped with that project, like the ‘wolf bio’.

OP
Msr2017

Msr2017

FNG
Holy smokes I knew they were smart but not that smart, have to dig out the snares, Do you think if a guy found their game trail a throw deadfall pit on It? Or that’s a wishful thinking INC thing theyd out smart?

If I lived closer I would come out and shoot as many as I could for you. Let us know how it works out!