Wolfing northwest of missoula MT

Deadfall

WKR
Hey yall,

Got a neighbor who is just getting serious about wolf hunting. He's a young fella that is pretty motivated.

Anyway he's over here tonight asking me about area's to hit northwest of Missoula. He'll be trapping and hunting.

If anyone is willing to give a starting point I can give this fella, would be appreciated.

I dont know anything about the country he wants to hunt, or I would give him the information.

Best advice I could muster for him is to find a coffee spot where the old guys gather. Pretty certain the sentiment out there is no different tgen anywhere else.

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
If I were him, I’d head more East and hit the seeley/swan area. There’s several packs in that valley.

bsnedeker

WKR
Tell him to get out on logging roads after it snows and get on some tracks. Once you establish their territory they should be back once a week or so. Get them traps set and get ready to get extremely frustrated! They are smart SOBs, I still haven't gotten one!

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Tell him to get out on logging roads after it snows and get on some tracks. Once you establish their territory they should be back once a week or so. Get them traps set and get ready to get extremely frustrated! They are smart SOBs, I still haven't gotten one!
We had that conversation as well. Gave him some tips for scent killing as well.
Can't emphasize the frustration part enough..ha...see what kind of fortitude this kid has.

N.ID7803

WKR
Have him join one of the Montana chapters of F4WM and talk to the folks that go to the meetings. They should be able to point him in the right direction.