Woman's Marino base layers.

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
Looking into good base layers for my wife. She gets cold easy. We typically have a 1/4 to 1/2 mile hike to where we hunt with some elevation gain so it's got to be something she can shed layers down to then add back when we find our spot to sit for the morning. Then we typically hike around and hunt throughout the day. Washington and Idaho hunting. Typical temps around 20-35 degrees in the morning and 45 degrees mid day.
Thanks

Bump79

WKR
My wife prefers the Smartwool bottoms. Fit more like her normal tights vs baselayers.. if that makes sense

My wife likes Smartwool 3/4 bottoms.
Smartwool and Icebreaker tops. Hike in several miles in one, change into the dry one.

If you want to score points…
Check out FORLOH.
Made in America. Whitefish, MT.
Even have Camo bikinis… Nuff said.

They have a bunch of male and female hunting clothes. They are marketing themselves as an American Made competitor to Kuiu, etc. I live close enough, we’re going to go check it out in person.

Honyock

WKR
My wife uses the First Lite bottoms and likes them. I'm sure it's a fit thing or whatever makes them try on 30 pairs of jeans.

My wife and little sister both are big fans of the first lite merino base layers. For outer layers they prefer Sitka and kings XKG but they really like the first lite merino bases, as do I for myself. They’re extremely comfortable with well thought out design for hunting base layers.

OP
N

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
I figured I should update this just in case someone else is looking. We went with the first lite Merino bottoms and these now have turned into her favorite relax wear around the house. Thanks for the info and hopefully this helps someone else.

For anyone still looking, all of my base layers (including bras/underwear) are currently Icebreaker and I couldn't be more pleased with their performance. Excellent durability over the past few years that I've had them, plus they're easy to find on sale.