Women's bow suggestions

Been down this road once prior. Neither the bow nor the broad panned out. My GF is intrigued and wants to give it a try. She's a much higher functioning lady than the former stripper who only wanted to take the bikini/bow bling pics for IG.

Suggestions for any bows within the last few years to consider?

I am really hoping she can draw a 38/40lb bow to get us into the 40-50 range. She's been with me to a few 3D shoots. She will NEVER shoot/hunt anything. But she will shoot foam and shoot w me regularly. I have my own press and am taking the next steps into my own tuning and bow mechanics.

I like the idea of the BowTech Eva Shockey type bow with readily accessible yokes to tune. And simple to adjust.

No $1000 carbons. Nothing Pink. And nothing Grow as you Go type child's bow.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
The weight hope is too high if you expect her to get near 50 imo. Don’t even consider that. Go to some shops, AFTER hunting season slows and let her see what she likes not what we like. That’d be my suggestion

Elite Spirit is pretty nice. The Mathews Avail, Chill SDX, and Jewel are nice, not quite as smooth as the Spirit, the Jewel doesn't use mods, takes a cam to change the draw length.

For a new production bow the Prima is really nice, but it's not cheap.

Hopefully she is right eye dominant, tough to find stuff for lefties.

Marble

WKR
And start her at 25-30 pounds or so until she knows how to properly draw and come to anchor. The proper technique for drawing your bow will same her shoulders, biceps, neck etc.

My wife was doing this and always had a sore shoulder. I just didn't pay attention enough to notice. It's more fixed and she pulls 45, UT she could do 50 easy.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
Take her to your bow shop and let her pick it out. Everyone makes a bow suitable for ladies nowadays. My GF is not a hunter, but she bought a recurve this year and shoots it a lot. I wouldn't have chosen that bow for her but she loves it.

OP
J
SHe's 25.5" or that's my best measurement. I am an Elite fan. The Spirit is maybe my best choice. The requirement for Mods is a downer. I just kinda envision a mod change after a month. I do realize it's a very foreign application of muscles. She's NEVER shot. So I am sure she will feel really uncomfortable and wonky for the first few hundred arrows. And DL is maybe the one thing that took me years to figure out. What I like. I assumed I was 29" DL forever. I am really a solid 28" and the "Feel" between 28.5" and 28" is huge. Even D Loop size makes a whole different feel.

New bows are maybe a turn off due to price. I was trolling to spend maybe $450 on a used bow a few years down to gauge her interest.

I have no real "Hope" to have her ever draw 50lbs. I simply don't want to invest in a 25lb draw weight bow for her to increase to 45lb within 30 days.

OR Archer

WKR
I would look for a Mathews Chill SDX. Mods are easily available. A 50# can easily drop to 30#. Has a easy draw. Tunes very well. Shoots good speed also. And you should be able to find a good used one for $500.

WCB

WKR
MY wife shot all of the "womens" bows (5) years ago and really decided on the Bowtech Carbon Rose...It does have the anodized purple cams so if color is a consideration maybe it is out. (my wife despises pink but the dakr pruple worked for her).

But honestly, as someone stated above. Spend some time and let her shoot as many as she can.

My wife shot as many womens bows as she could and didn't like a single one, she wasn't a fan of the "womens colours" either.

She wound up shooting as many others as she could and liked the Hoyt Torrex xt the most, with a bowtech solution ss coming in 2nd.

For comparison, shes got a draw length of 26.5 and dw is 54lbs

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
It is probably on your Do Not Buy list but one of my daughters, 35 yo adult, slays deer with a 40# Mission. If your gf is shooting only foam why the concern about draw weight?

As the father of four adult women who still speak to me I strongly suggest you LET HER PICK THE BOW.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
SHe's 25.5" or that's my best measurement. I am an Elite fan. The Spirit is maybe my best choice. The requirement for Mods is a downer. I just kinda envision a mod change after a month. I do realize it's a very foreign application of muscles. She's NEVER shot. So I am sure she will feel really uncomfortable and wonky for the first few hundred arrows. And DL is maybe the one thing that took me years to figure out. What I like. I assumed I was 29" DL forever. I am really a solid 28" and the "Feel" between 28.5" and 28" is huge. Even D Loop size makes a whole different feel.

New bows are maybe a turn off due to price. I was trolling to spend maybe $450 on a used bow a few years down to gauge her interest.

I have no real "Hope" to have her ever draw 50lbs. I simply don't want to invest in a 25lb draw weight bow for her to increase to 45lb within 30 days.
I’d be surprised if she got to 45lb in months if ever. If she’s not gonna hunt it won’t matter anyhow.
The price thing is tough though, you seem to have a preconceived notion of what you won’t accept. The better bows are higher priced so this is all a gamble. I don’t wanna sound funny but marriage is over 50% chance of ending in divorce. The chances w a gf leaving are obviously higher less than that.
Not to discourage you but consider she may not be as into it as you and won’t care what she carries, may not stay with it at all or may not even stay with you. Excuse me for that.
To me it’s sort of a no brainer, you need to start her w a starter bow to see how it all hashes out. The investment won’t hurt so much if it’s all for naught.
If she does really dig it you’ll know her physical ability and can sell the old bow and being you didn’t spend 1200-1500 bucks or more the loss not as great.
Id be advising a mission or diamond unfinite edge for her first bow if you didn’t qualify that wouldn’t suit you.
just consider all that.

RMM

WKR
I know you said no grow as you go type bows, but I just got my first time archery girlfriend set up with a Mission MXR and shes really enjoying it

ia bhtr

FNG
Set my wife up with an Elite E 35 , 25 1/2 DL , 30/40# limbs set at 32#s shooting 880 Easton ACGs , indoor shootin spots or outdoors shooting 3Ds , none of the men around here want to shoot against her , the beat down they get hurts there Egos :)