Women's Hunting Pack

treillw

WKR
What would be a good women's hunting pack? My wife has been using her Marmot Athena 48 (2930ci) for the past few years and it works well, but it is pretty easy to pack it completely full when we are carrying winter hunting clothes or float tube fishing in the summer. It doesn't have a lot of pockets and rubs her weird on her back.

It would be nice to have something that is around 4000 ci in bivy mode and that could grow larger if she is carrying a lot of volume. She won't be carrying a ton of weight - maybe a max of 60 pounds (guessing). Comfort and light weight are probably the most important criteria. She is 5'-3" and petite.

The women's Metcalf looks pretty good at first blush. It's a little heavy though.

I have a stone glacier sky talus 6900. I thought that it would be nice for me to be able to switch bags if she were to get a stone glacier pack. They aren't cheap though and are probably more pack than she needs. Although having a stronger smaller frame pack around might not be a bad thing for when our kids start hunting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
What would be a good women's hunting pack? My wife has been using her Marmot Athena 48 (2930ci) for the past few years and it works well, but it is pretty easy to pack it completely full when we are carrying winter hunting clothes or float tube fishing in the summer. It doesn't have a lot of pockets and rubs her weird on her back.

It would be nice to have something that is around 4000 ci in bivy mode and that could grow larger if she is carrying a lot of volume. She won't be carrying a ton of weight - maybe a max of 60 pounds (guessing). Comfort and light weight are probably the most important criteria. She is 5'-3" and petite.

The women's Metcalf looks pretty good at first blush. It's a little heavy though.

I have a stone glacier sky talus 6900. I thought that it would be nice for me to be able to switch bags if she were to get a stone glacier pack. They aren't cheap though and are probably more pack than she needs. Although having a stronger smaller frame pack around might not be a bad thing for when our kids start hunting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I called Kifaru for my wife (same size) cause I wanted to do the nomad child carrier diy and they said find a used 22 inch frame then buy a xs belt and short straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I was going to say womens Metcalf or even a selway with a dry bag for extra capacity. Save some weight.

Muttly

WKR
My wife is currently running a Mystery Ranch Flume, bout the same bag as the long bow. Weighs about 4 1/2 lbs if I remember correctly, and she is looking at going to a Seek Outside Gila. Lose a little quick access, the pack weighs right at or just under 3 lbs, if I recall correctly..
The Divide is a bigger bag, and right around the same weight, be worth a look..