Womens Hunting Packs?

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
There are many women afield after a multi day hunting system capable of packing game in rough country. It’d be awesome if a manufacturer would step up and make the necessary design changes in order to properly fit women properly.
I wonder if the investment would be worth it (from a financial perspective) in light of what would likely be small sales. I'd be really curious how many women's specific Metcalf packs have been sold, for example. I think that, or a quality non-hunting pack, might be as close to OP will get to finding a women's specific hauler.

The real question might be which is more of a compromise - a women's specific hiking pack like an Osprey Xena pressed into service for real heavy hauling, or a men's hunting pack (SO, SG, Kifaru) pressed into service for a woman's frame?

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
A heavy haul/multi day pack is what the OP is after...

A short frame pack branded and marketed to women will miss the mark without the necessary suspension modifications.

There are many women afield after a multi day hunting system capable of packing game in rough country. It’d be awesome if a manufacturer would step up and make the necessary design changes in order to properly fit women properly.

Initial ascent just came out with their Emma women’s specific frame, I know a few women who use kifaru 22” frames as well.

Tradchef

WKR
One of my good friends just picked up the krux Evo frame from SG with a Kiowa bag and it fits her frame fantastic. Again.....lots of good options out there. Call up kifaru and talk to Dayna. She could Probably help out with that