Women's Rain/Wind Shell Suggestions

OOSWLC

FNG
I'm looking for a rain/wind outer layer for my wife's birthday... Something with good protection (we live in northern Wyoming), but also good breathability so she can wear it throughout the year with layering... I would have already pulled the trigger on First Lite's Cascade Stormlight but it makes me nervous that there are no pit zips/vents...

If you have experience with this piece or any input on a good outer layer please let me know! Also- I'm looking for solids over camo, so it doesn't need to be a hunting brand. Thanks!

TThomson5

FNG
I have the Cascade. It is amazing rain jacket but very warm if I am hiking. I also have the New Sitka Dew point that has the pit zips that work really good. I tend to use a soft shell for my outer layer, which helps with wind and light rain and carry my rain jacket in my pack for the heavy stuff. Hope this helps.

OP
OOSWLC

OOSWLC

FNG
I have the Cascade. It is amazing rain jacket but very warm if I am hiking. I also have the New Sitka Dew point that has the pit zips that work really good. I tend to use a soft shell for my outer layer, which helps with wind and light rain and carry my rain jacket in my pack for the heavy stuff. Hope this helps.
I actually got her a First Light puffy and a Patagonia Houdini - The Houdini is pretty awesome!! It's extremely small, packable, and I think it will do a great job of holding some amount of heat in and light weather out... It's loud as hell though, so I don't know about it for hunting applications