Won My Poker Tourney at Work - Time to Blow It on A Pack

12kAhres

FNG
Been following the Rokslide forums for years but never registered. The time has come.

I won the annual poker tournament at work, got $200+. Nearly an exclusive western archery hunter, I've been running with a surprisingly durable daypack that I bought for less than $100 back in college at a military surplus store. But now I'm getting ready to take the plunge on something bigger that I want to have last for years to come.

Any thoughts/opinions on what would be the best packs when considering durability and longevity above all else? Don't worry about price. As far as I'm concerned, I just won myself a $200+ discount on a pack. Is there even anyone here that has made a pack last for a decade or more? I know after a few years it's tough to not already start eyeing a new pack with the latest and greatest features.

Laramie

WKR
I love my Ebberlestock packs. Mine current is listed as a day pack but I can easily pack a hind out after the kill along with my gear. I thought I wanted a bigger pack so I tried one for a year and then went back. My current model is the X2. It seems very durable to me as have all their other packs. My buddy has the M5 RMEF model and loves it.

HUNT JR

WKR
I think that most of the current pack brands that are all over this forum are quality gear. I think your best bet is to try on as many packs as possible and look at the layouts and see what fits you/your needs the best. I run a Kuiu pack, but feel like you could go Kuiu, Stone Glacier, Kifaru, Exo, Mystery Ranch and be good. There are others im sure im missing.

OP

12kAhres

FNG
I love my Ebberlestock packs. Mine current is listed as a day pack but I can easily pack a hind out after the kill along with my gear. I thought I wanted a bigger pack so I tried one for a year and then went back. My current model is the X2. It seems very durable to me as have all their other packs. My buddy has the M5 RMEF model and loves it.
As an Idaho native, I love seeing Eberlestock get a shoutout. I wish they got more attention.

My old man has the X2 and I tried it out last year for a pack in - couldn't believe how comfortable it was even when I had it filled to the brim and had even more stuff lashed on to the outside for a 2-night stay.

Kifaru will last a decade. I am sure Exo and Stone Glacier would too.

The kifaru frame is nice and you will be able to swap bags as your needs change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier Gear Freighter Frame with Yukon Pack -- $900.00. Best pack out there. Nothing like it.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
So you're talking daypacks it looks like. You gonna pack out meat with it?

OP

12kAhres

FNG
So you're talking daypacks it looks like. You gonna pack out meat with it?
No, not really talking daypacks. To clarify, I already have a daypack that doesn't seem to want to give up the ghost but no higher volume pack. So really I'm looking for folks' experience with multi-day packs that have held up to time and punishment.

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
If you look at KUIU wait until the 6th, just got a card in the mail advertising 25% sale of Pro packs and accessories. Happy shopping

sneaky

"DADDY"
As an Idaho native, I love seeing Eberlestock get a shoutout. I wish they got more attention.

My old man has the X2 and I tried it out last year for a pack in - couldn't believe how comfortable it was even when I had it filled to the brim and had even more stuff lashed on to the outside for a 2-night stay.
EXO is an Idaho company too, and if you thought the Eberlestock was comfy you better not try on an EXO. Blacks Creek is another Idaho made pack,as well as Initial Ascent. You could stay with an Idaho made pack and have several solid choices to go with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Go by the shop and try an EXO, Be prepared to buy it though,, just sayin'.