Won the lottery.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I got the call Jan 16th I won the less than one club drawing. Talked to the outfitter this week. Sounds like I'm hunting dall sheep and grizzly in 2023 with Alaska Outfitters Unlimited!

One question I have is do I take my own spotter for myself? I know the guide will have his spotter but I usually hog the spotter when it is me and a buddy hunting. Also my hunting buddy will be coming along. What would you do or have done?

Last edited:

kjw

WKR
WOOO congrats!! My advice would be to take it with. Before you fly out to sheep camp, you’ll do a gear dump with your guide and the. You can discuss having 2 spotters and see how your pack is doing for weight. If you have your buddy there, maybe he takes it to split some weight.

canner

FNG
Congrats, should be a great hunt! I would take the spotter.

Last edited:

TN2shot07

WKR
Congrats on the draw! I’d vote for the spotter, that’s way too cool of country not to have it

Ucsdryder

WKR
I just picture myself sitting there as the guide looks at sheep for hours through his spotter… Me asking how big is how big is how big how big is how big is how big is he… I think I’d rather bring a spotter than food!

Outstanding!!! Great to hear, and sincere congrats. Now get to training and equipping - sheep are very often hard earned, even with an outfitter in a good area. Be prepared, and take us along on the journey.

With two plus the guide take the scope plus a phone scope so you can digiscope with your phone. Priceless to have photos and video plus easier to age photos of the ram than the real live ram thru the scope.

Your a lucky guy, don’t give up until you get your ram!

schmalzy

WKR
@mtwarden has a great thread on this that a lot of guys shared their thoughts/experience.

My consensus/plan is to bring it with the caveat of having the rest of my gear dialed in weight wise.

Edit: and congratulations!!! Pumped up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I was at that drawing, man was it exciting! I can’t wait to hear how you do. I’d take the spotter.