Won the lottery.

PvilleMac

FNG
That’s awesome man. Definitely bring the spotter! That’s a once in a lifetime hunt, Id want to see it all.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I'm definitely bringing a spotter. Just sold my old nikon 82 fieldscope to a buddy. It was a great spotter just weighed 67 oz. Now I have to decide on a new or newer lighter spotter. I have been wanting to make this change for a few years now.

mdoolin

FNG
Congrats on winning a life changing opportunity!

I won a sheep hunt back in 2019 through epic outdoors and it truly changed my life. Right after getting back from that hunt my wife and I booked a hunt for her that we went on this past year. Amazing experiences all around so enjoy every minute of it!

My thoughts on the spotter is I would bring it if you can. What I mean by that is if the weight it going to limit you I would leave it but if you can handle hauling it I would suggest bringing it. I brought mine on my first hunt and left it behind this year due to my wife having knee problems. On my hunt I really enjoyed having my spotter but can honestly say on our hunt this year we still saw every sheep and got plenty of time behind our guides glass. One benefit of bringing your own is you can have a phoneskope setup that your guide can film for you.

If you have any gear or travel questions feel free to reach out at any time.

Zappaman

WKR
Weight is the question... but if you know you can pack it along with everything else, sure take it. If your guide is doing the work, might decide (when you are there) what the best course of action should be. I'd have a REAL heart-to-heart with the guide in any case. Personally... I'd not give a darn about WHO see's (whatever) after the fact... I'd focus on the hunt and be happy with the memory I have of it all.

Best of luck!!!