woobie

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
Im thinking about picking up a woobie. I think it would be useful for a ground cloth , takebthe chill off , maybe sun shade. Just to keep in the pack as a just in case over night . Id like it to be water proof . I was looking at the kifaru one but there has to be others that arent as pricey ? Or is there ? I get you pay for quality and I dont mind . Just wondering if theres other options ? thanks

Long time love affair with mine. Used to get a poncho liner in the top of my Alice pack for years in the army and since. Have the kifaru one and my latest is made by helicon called the swagman roll that has a hood and some features that make it more wearable.

Really cool piece of kit. They are great around camp blankets. Keep you warm while glassing. They can add a few degrees to a sleeping bag. Sun shade would work. Ground cloth would tear it up and get it dirty.

Honestly, If you buy one, you will use it more than you would think - lightweight summer sleeping, travel, truck blanket, deer stand, box blind, bug it bag. At the same time, it is he ay for the warm it provides in sleeping bag mode, especially if you get one that zips. The same 2# for a woobie would get you an ultralight down bag rate to 40* or so. You can also use a bag unzipped as a drape and cover most of the function of a woobie. Point is, when I start counting ounces for a longer or harder trip, it doesn’t usually make the cut. Even in summer I have a lightweight bag I prefer to use if weight is an issue. When it is not, I have one in my truck or pack almost all the time.

ohoopee

WKR
I love mine. I dont normally take mine backcountry unless I am unsure of the
weather. Always have it if I am camping near my vehicle.

rob86jeep

WKR
I love mine but it definitely gets used more around the house, on walks to cover the kids in the stroller, in the car just in case, etc then it does in the woods. I'll take it on hikes, camping, or day/car hunts but haven't ever wanted to carry it on a backpack hunt.

OP
F

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Desk Jockey 100%--exactly my experience.
Long time love affair with mine. Used to get a poncho liner in the top of my Alice pack for years in the army and since. Have the kifaru one and my latest is made by helicon called the swagman roll that has a hood and some features that make it more wearable.

Really cool piece of kit. They are great around camp blankets. Keep you warm while glassing. They can add a few degrees to a sleeping bag. Sun shade would work. Ground cloth would tear it up and get it dirty.

Honestly, If you buy one, you will use it more than you would think - lightweight summer sleeping, travel, truck blanket, deer stand, box blind, bug it bag. At the same time, it is he ay for the warm it provides in sleeping bag mode, especially if you get one that zips. The same 2# for a woobie would get you an ultralight down bag rate to 40* or so. You can also use a bag unzipped as a drape and cover most of the function of a woobie. Point is, when I start counting ounces for a longer or harder trip, it doesn’t usually make the cut. Even in summer I have a lightweight bag I prefer to use if weight is an issue. When it is not, I have one in my truck or pack almost all the time.
and thats why I love this site. Thanks for the answers . Im gonna grab the helikon. Great price and looks like it functions better than kifaru ? And its 125 bux.

Chet518

FNG
You can build your own apex blanket ripstop by the roll has what you need. Less than a hundred bucks depending on material you choose . I built one just for hunting. It packs small and keeps me warm when sitting . I use mine all the time.

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the Doobie-woobie... a heavier version of the woobie... I’ve used it from cold deer stands to backcountry elk hunts to throwing in the truck for my 9 year old daughter... it’s well worth the price imo... super light and warmth when u need it.. buy once cry once as they say... great quality and mine goes everywhere with our family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk