Wood or carbon for the mnts.

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Actually LostArra check out surewood shafts Douglas fir. My 29" arrows 60-65 spine with 125gr bear greenies came in around 560. The shafts were I believe 480 gr at 33" I did use several coats of poly hunted for 7 days it rained everyday and my arrows did fine even shot my first elk. Wood is all I shoot it just feels right

Man for me I love the feel and look of the cedar arrows. But in the backcountry I need durability so I take gold top traditionals. I always try to shoot at something daily in the backcountry to keep sharp. Whether its a stump or chip monk, so I need the toughness of the carbon. Broke to many wood in the past. I keep one arrow in my quiver with a small game point on it just for that.

I love shooting woods but I do not have time to make enough arrows and keep up with the rate that I break wooden arrows. I have been using aluminum legacy shafts and they have been working great for me.

OP
K

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
After breaking a few cedars over the weekend, I gonna run with the easton axis trad for my high country mule deer hunt. Be more practical and get more stump shooting in to pass the down time with out having to worry about as much breakage plus I can carry extra broadhead for that stump arrow if I need a back up shaft.

Love wood, goona try some Douglas fir for my next round and hunting close to home this fall.