Wood Stove pellet burner kit

I have been trying to come up with some ideas on more efficiently keeping the wall tent warm throughout the night. I have recently seen that they make a pellet burner kit that attaches onto the back of your cylinder tent stove, supposedly keeping the tent heated for 8hrs at a time. Has anyone tried making one themselves? I can't justify spending almost $400 when it looks like I could easily make it myself.

OP
M
Never heard of that. Got a link to the pellet kit?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Its' really a neat concept.

joes3

FNG
While back when i looked into pellet feeders liek this, it seemed liek clogging was a problem. people were wakking up to a tent-full of smoke.

Curious to hear from people who've use this one...

If you're gonna pack in a 20# bag of pellets, why not just bring the propane tank and buddy heater?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you're gonna pack in a 20# bag of pellets, why not just bring the propane tank and buddy heater?

Depending on elevation sometimes heaters with lo oxygen sensors wont stay lite.
Also if the tent is not kept warm regulators freeze.
And most importantly wood or the like metal stove cast heat in all directions.
Wayyyy easier to dry out gear

Depending on elevation sometimes heaters with lo oxygen sensors wont stay lite.
Also if the tent is not kept warm regulators freeze.
And most importantly wood or the like metal stove cast heat in all directions.
Wayyyy easier to dry out gear
Never thought about the low oxygen sensor!

Lwilliams

Lil-Rokslider
I run one of the pellet stoves in my 12x17 wall tent. Initially it would burn great for about 2 hours and then burn back and burn very slow putting off very little heat. I emailed the company I bought it from a couple of times and never got a reply. I made a new feed plate and welded it in and now when the temps are in the teens outside I wake up to a tent in the mid 60s. If you are handy with a welder the adapter would be rather easy to make and save a ton of money.

Huntnbill

FNG
I have run a convection Propane heater in our 16x20 Wall tent for years without any problems. They are super efficient, cheap (only about $100.00) and last forever. You can pick them up at Home Depot or Lowes. Dyna-Glo is the last brand I bought. Plus they will blow you out for heat in a sec if need be? We have never had a problem with any elevation or cold keeping it from running and we have had it @ -27 degrees one year. You dont need power and you dont have to cut wood. Try it you won't be sorry! Good Luck, Bill

OP
M
I run one of the pellet stoves in my 12x17 wall tent. Initially it would burn great for about 2 hours and then burn back and burn very slow putting off very little heat. I emailed the company I bought it from a couple of times and never got a reply. I made a new feed plate and welded it in and now when the temps are in the teens outside I wake up to a tent in the mid 60s. If you are handy with a welder the adapter would be rather easy to make and save a ton of money.

I do have access to a fabrication shop, sometime could you post a couple of pictures of the one you made? Thanks for the feedback!

OP
M
I have run a convection Propane heater in our 16x20 Wall tent for years without any problems. They are super efficient, cheap (only about $100.00) and last forever. You can pick them up at Home Depot or Lowes. Dyna-Glo is the last brand I bought. Plus they will blow you out for heat in a sec if need be? We have never had a problem with any elevation or cold keeping it from running and we have had it @ -27 degrees one year. You dont need power and you dont have to cut wood. Try it you won't be sorry! Good Luck, Bill

Cool I am going to look into that! I am assuming they are totally safe to use inside as well (no carbon monoxide?).
Thanks!

Huntnbill

FNG
Cool I am going to look into that! I am assuming they are totally safe to use inside as well (no carbon monoxide?).
Thanks!
I have only used it in a Wall Tent that has plenty of ventilation. We usually shut it down at night, then the first up lights it back up. Honestly it takes about 5 minutes to reheat a 16x20 Wall Tent. They Blaze!!!
Good Luck, Bill

Lwilliams

Lil-Rokslider
Stove with pellet feeder. I’ll try and get pics of the feed plate and post them up as well once I unload hunting trailer. Sealed stove works 100% better than the adapter on a wood/pellet stove which will leak air and hinder the burn in the fire pot.

Attachments

• 9E5E6E67-F112-408C-BAA4-1801CDB6CDCD.jpeg
    9E5E6E67-F112-408C-BAA4-1801CDB6CDCD.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 48