Wood stove ?

*zap*

WKR
What is your recommendation for a good small/packable wood stove for a 2 man floorless shelter? No stove jack in this yet so I also am interested in recommendations for that including instillation tips. I have zero knowledge on these things so I appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Here is the titanium goat 12" cylinder. I have used it quite a bit and love it. 1 lb. 13 oz I believe.20190210_074153.jpeg
7f355b3f10db428729227aa5b72f8741.jpg
2e5aa2fd0c271e4c8053c1896f24139f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Bear Paw Wilderness Designs will install a stove jack for you if you don't want to tackle it yourself. Lite Outdoors or Ti Goat or a Seek Outside Cub would all be options to consider.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can't say enough good things about my seek outside sxl stove. Have burned it hard for 3 seasons with no issues. Love that it's flat for cooking

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
I can't say enough good things about my seek outside sxl stove. Have burned it hard for 3 seasons with no issues. Love that it's flat for cooking

Agreed (note this is the only stove that I have experience with, but is the exact reason on settled on the SO vs the others).... Unless I'm on an early season, low country hunt, where it doesn't cool off at night, I just throw in the wood stove instead of the pocket rocket and fuel (as long as there is wood to burn).

Agreed (note this is the only stove that I have experience with, but is the exact reason on settled on the SO vs the others).... Unless I'm on an early season, low country hunt, where it doesn't cool off at night, I just throw in the wood stove instead of the pocket rocket and fuel (as long as there is wood to burn).

Good idea I normally bring both. For some reason

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
ZAP.... as a side note: if you do go with a stove, be prepared to share your shelter. If you have buddies meeting you on the mountain, they will quickly flock to your shelter in the mornings and evening (about 5 min after they hear the first crackle of a twig burning)

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Appreciate the help (y) now I will do my research and post some pics when I get this together....think I will do the jack myself and it is for a Mountain Laurel Duomid so there won't be much room for freeloaders :love: but if you have some pack animals I may move over. This is my first attempt at a floorless shelter. Scored locally on some Mountain Laurel stuff someone never used. It was a real good deal so I threw caution to the wind....:LOL:

Thanks again.

Appreciate the help (y) now I will do my research and post some pics when I get this together....think I will do the jack myself and it is for a Mountain Laurel Duomid so there won't be much room for freeloaders :love: but if you have some pack animals I may move over. This is my first attempt at a floorless shelter. Scored locally on some Mountain Laurel stuff someone never used. It was a real good deal so I threw caution to the wind....:LOL:

Thanks again.

What do you think about the duomid. Been thinking about picking one up for solo trips

I will do that. Should be within a week. From what my research showed it should be good for just me.

That's what I was thinking. I couldn't find any negative reviews online. Looks like a nice setup. Did you get sil or dcf

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I think I am going to go with a SO medium but the large with the medium conversion kit is also very interesting.