Wool everyday vest

Jmort1754

WKR
Does anyone wear one ?
Looking at either the Filson western or one of the stormy kromer.
Anyone every used one or have recommendations ?

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Have had a Filson for years. Warm, but heavy. I sometimes use it as layer under Sitka Jetstream. Tend to use it more either bird hunting or non-hunting . With much activity, it can be too warm for me. But I like it, old school and so am I.

Another vote for Filson, I’ll have it all my life so money well spent.

I also have a couple First Light merino vests, much lighter weight. Doesn’t look as classy but a nice layering piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Thanks guys. Looking for more an everyday piece not necessarily a hunting piece.
Got into the wait list for the big boy filson westerner

FYI the Filson is basically just a cylinder cut. Not much shape or taper to it....like nun. If you're athletic build it's gonna seem weird. I have others that are Western style from Schaefer and Powder River that fit much better. The Filson is just a simple, raw, itchy wool. Floored it cost so much. But I do wear mine through the cold months.

If you're not stuck on wool, I really like the Carhartt sherpa lined vest. Good over a button up, hoody without restricting movement or feeling too stiff.

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
I wear my filson liner vest when I have a collared shirt. If no collar underneath, the vest tends to rub raw into the work day. Other than that, it's fantastic.

I own quite a few pieces from Filson and the Mackinaw wool vest is the most versatile piece IMHO. I own the classic V-neck vest, not the Western one. It makes it really easy to layer with and avoids the itchy neck issue. I love it.