Wool sock recommendations?

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
What's your go-to sock on hunts when you'll be going several days without a shower? It sounds like merino is the way to go for sweat/odor protection, but what's your favorite specific brand? I'm kinda fussy about good elastic so they don't fall down. Both my hunting boots and work boots are getting some funk, so I'm ready to try something. Help me save some headaches buying shitty socks!

Josh

TheCoyote

FNG
I wore one pair of darn roughs on a 5 day backcountry hunt. I had another pair in my pack but wanted to see if one pair could hold up to 7-10 miles a day.
Im impressed! They did wear in the heels but are absolutely 3x tougher that smartwools.
Go darn tough you won’t regret it

I have the Darn Tough Light Hiker Micro Crew. They are durable and comfortable.
Materials: 54% Nylon 43% Merino Wool 3% Lycra® Spandex

However, they don't dry out like Smart Wool socks I've had. I carry a pair of 'sleeping socks' to keep my stank ass feet out of my $300 sleeping bag, so it stinks to wake up and put on wet socks. I think I'm going to switch back to Smart Wool (66% Merino Wool 14% Nylon 18% Recycled Nylon 2% Elastane).

Maybe that additional Nylon in the Darn Tough (which makes them so durable) also holds in moisture. I've always been pleased with Smart Wool durability anyway.

Smart wool socks, less expensive and have held up well. As to sleeping sock get a pair of silk sock liners, warm and light weight. And if a blister would develop some mole skin and the silk liners under your regular socks help.