Wool sock recommendations?

S-3 ranch

WKR
For the Alpaca folks...do they seem to dry out well over night? Do you rotate 2 pairs? I'd be interested to hear about the system you use with those socks
For 7-10 day hunt I take 3 pairs of alpaca, switch out 2 pair’s every night, keep a pair in my pack for emergency
mohair & alpaca need a overnight rest to reloft , I use uninselated boots
and alpaca summer and deep winter
merino wool is nice , but alpaca is better imo

For 7-10 day hunt I take 3 pairs of alpaca, switch out 2 pair’s every night, keep a pair in my pack for emergency
mohair & alpaca need a overnight rest to reloft , I use uninselated boots
and alpaca summer and deep winter
merino wool is nice , but alpaca is better imo
Perfect. Thanks. That was the info I was looking for

Depends on atmospheric conditions and how wet they are when you take them off. I don't really do multi-day hunts or hunts where I hike 5+ miles in a day so there are probably better people out there to comment, but in my experience if you hang them out to dry overnight on a night that isn't overly damp you can probably wear them in the morning assuming they're just a little sweaty. If they're soaked, like you stepped in a creek, they could take longer.

It will likely also depend on manufacturer. I have a bunch of alpaca socks from Pacas and Paka to a few local farms. They're all a little different.

I'd do a 3 sock rotation. The great thing about alpaca (just like merino) is they take a long time to build up stink. I wore some of my socks multiple times a week for about a month before they really started to stink. I think a three sock rotation could comfortably get you through just about any hunt.
Good deal. Thanks

SonnyDay

WKR
Another vote for Darn Tough. I use REI merino liners under 'em. Just helps with wicking/warmth and for my feet anyhow cuts down on hot spots or blisters.

I may look into some of the other suggestions though... as I would also sacrifice some durability for performance.

tcg144

FNG
I tried some alpaca socks last year and really liked them for warm and comfort but they just were not made to withstand a lot of abuse. I need to find a better made brand