Wool t-shirt

N2TRKYS

WKR
What's the coolest(temp wise) merino wool t-shirt that won't break the bank? It doesn't have to be a hunting brand or camo.

Which ones do y'all like the best?

ChrisAU

WKR
Do you mean for hot weather or cold weather? My short sleeve First Lite Wick 150 has been on my body for 100% of my two elk hunts. I’ve found that I can make a Kuiu 125 stink, but I can wear my Wick 150 seemingly forever and never get an odor on it.

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
Do you mean for hot weather or cold weather? My short sleeve First Lite Wick 150 has been on my body for 100% of my two elk hunts. I’ve found that I can make a Kuiu 125 stink, but I can wear my Wick 150 seemingly forever and never get an odor on it.

Looking for something to wear bowhunting here when the temps are hot.

ChrisAU

WKR
I'd get way too hot. I need a short sleeve and loose fitting.

10-4, they are loose fitting if you get your normal size. They’d be my vote. Short sleeve or long sleeve. If you’re in the sun the long sleeve can help keep you cool. The First Lite wool is by far my favorite feeling wool too, find the Kuiu and Black Ovis to be a bit scratchy feeling.

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've got a couple FL short sleeve shirts that I bought a few years ago. I don't know if it's the one that y'all are talking about or if it's an older style. The neck opening seems pretty tight and the shirt is kinda thick. It's too hot for me to wear during early season and has more of a compression type feel to it.
Are the Wick shirts a newer design?

ChrisAU

WKR
I've got a couple FL short sleeve shirts that I bought a few years ago. I don't know if it's the one that y'all are talking about or if it's an older style. The neck opening seems pretty tight and the shirt is kinda thick. It's too hot for me to wear during early season and has more of a compression type feel to it.
Are the Wick shirts a newer design?

Yes, they were new for 2018. In no way would I describe it as thick

Yet1e

FNG
I wear Icebreaker T shirts everyday under work uniform, The Cool Lite range and the Tech 125 range are good to go for Australian Summers.

Black ovis 150 Merino T-Shirt... good price especially when they come up on camofire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
the lightest ones I've found are Montbell's Super LW tee's, 139 g/meters- size large weighs 3.9 oz; it has ~ 8% nylon so it isn't overly fragile

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
Wool, Wool, and more Wool.... I've always worn wool, and always will. Everything else is just a substitute for good wool.