Wool

slick

WKR
Looking at adding a pair of pants to the collection for late season archery hunts.

Have searched eBay, but can’t tell exactly what I should be looking for.
c66eef812fcb926e873084647313bff5.jpg

Would these do the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
I've primarily worn wool for about 20 years. I've got Cabelas pants and shirts and bibs. My hunting coat has gone missing and I'm thinking about the 'LL Bean hunting coat.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Light Merino baselayers by Smartwool, Ibex, Icebreaker, Woolpower, Kuiu, etc, have always been a staple in my kit. I still regularly use Pendleton Wool Shirts and occasionally a wool vest, or my old Army Wool Sweater.

One company I hadn’t seen mentioned is Autumnwood Wool. Think they have the finest wool hunting outerwear. Love their Anorak with the integrate handwarmer muff - great stuff to wear when it’s really cold

Wrench

WKR
Looking at adding a pair of pants to the collection for late season archery hunts.

Have searched eBay, but can’t tell exactly what I should be looking for.
c66eef812fcb926e873084647313bff5.jpg

Would these do the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are a size 32, I have a brand new set of KOM bibs that you can have for $175tyd. Never hemmed....never worn beyond trying them on around the house. I have a set of Filson bibs that are a touch bigger and those have been used a bit. Those can be had for $150tyd. Both are super high quality.

tracker12

WKR
Love my Silent Predator Jacket and Vest. Just wish I had purchased the pants. Price is double what they were when I bought the other pieces.

OP
P
Love my Silent Predator Jacket and Vest. Just wish I had purchased the pants. Price is double what they were when I bought the other pieces.
I looked them up vary nice but they come with a price tag . Maybe I could find some good used ones

Shraggs

WKR
Wool fan here too!

Base layers are all wool, first lite, icebreaker.

For Midwest deer I will stay in wool outer too using different filson tops and bottoms. Wool has so many attributes, warm, silent and I believe helps with odor. Shed wind isn’t one of them so extra layers or a wind/rain shell too.

For back country elk hunting I’m in first lite wools tops and bottoms, when cold I’m in more synthetic options due weight advantage but still keep have a very warm midlayer wool sweater in the pack along with puffy.

RIELLY24

FNG
I use KUIU merino wool long sleeve 145 1/4 zip for my base layer on top, I also have the 210 ( heavier) long sleeve 1/4 zip...love them both.

One more place you can try for 'relatively cheap' wool gear that is excellent quality: Gost Workwear. Its a Canadian company, so shipping might eat your lunch depending on location. But the pants & shirts are top notch. Nice looking coats as well. A cool feature on the pants is they include suspender buttons, its a nice touch and often overlooked by other companys. Primarily workwear driven so any, and I mean ANY, size will be available. I feel like im giving up my secret here.