Wool

I'm looking for decent wool outer ware pants that are budget friendly .I like the ones that Firstlite makes and I would to know what you think of those ?
Also if there were other options that was of
decent quality ? I also know are not very budget friendly but there in the highest price range that I really want to go .
Camo is the preferred color .

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

OP
D
Sorry I posted in the wrong spot this should be in the clothing section but I don't know how to remove it and repost to clothing

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

Budget might not be at this point but as someone who has done extensive "research" into wool pants the only thing better than this link is authentic army surplus and not much is left out there and what is out there is VERY OLD. Buy once cry once syndrome but these pants are the BEST around period for this price. Filson is the only stuff I think is better and it is north of $300 for a pair of pants.

Gostwear pants

Just out of curiosity, why wool pants? I love merino and wears lots of it year round but have found that I much prefer nylon pants plus wool long johns when its cold enough. Wrangler makes that more budget friendly.

Columbia Wool Pants - camo $130.00 if I remember right. PHG (Performance Hunting Gear) on the rear center belt loop.

Extra padding in the knees.
Extra padding in the butt.
Zipper close front pockets.

They have a soft light weight liner so there is no need to wear long johns under the wool pants. I guess if it was really cold you could wear a pair, but my legs stay warm unless it's bitter cold with winds, maybe then.

I really like these pants.

Last edited:

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Varusteleka Särmä TST Woolshell trousers. I do not care about it, but they do have a camo option.

I have been searching for a pair of quality, functional, wool pants that is both a bit thicker than Firstlite and more durable. The pair I’ve been using is both while being relatively well cut.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Columbia Wool Pants - camo $130.00 if I remember right. PHG (Performance Hunting Gear) on the rear center belt loop.

Extra padding in the knees.
Extra padding in the butt.
Zipper close front pockets.

They have a soft light weight liner so there is no need to wear long johns under the wool pants. I guess if it was really cold you could wear a pair, but my legs stay warm unless it's bitter cold with winds, maybe then.

I really like these pants.
So you wear these as your everyday cold weather walking around hunting pant? I too am looking for an upgrade. Been using vintage wool from ebay but its getting hard to find.

three5x5s

WKR

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
I wear filson whipcord wool and mackinaw wool pants I buy used from ebay. Take them to the tailor in town for sizing. I usually spend $50-85 for the pants, and $15(hem) and $25(take in) for the alterations depending on fit. Works great and they hardly wear out.

I wear filson whipcord wool and mackinaw wool pants I buy used from ebay. Take them to the tailor in town for sizing. I usually spend $50-85 for the pants, and $15(hem) and $25(take in) for the alterations depending on fit. Works great and they hardly wear out.
How do the Whipcord's compare to the Mackinaw? I have the Mack but they are used almost exclusively for snow/uber cold due to their weight.

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
How do the Whipcord's compare to the Mackinaw? I have the Mack but they are used almost exclusively for snow/uber cold due to their weight.
the whipcords are thinner, like worsted wool or corduroy, but wool. its a tight weave that breaths and bucks the wind well. about 1/4th as heavy as the mackinaw wool