work boot recommendation

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone has recommendations on waterproof leather work boots. It seems like I go through a pair every 6 months no matter how much money I spend on them. My industry is pretty tough on them. I work on dairy farms installing and repairing milking equipment. So my boots see a lot of manure, water, snow, and chemicals. I have worn muck boots in the winter but my feet sweat terrible all the time because I am working inside part of my days. Let me know what you guys can think of! Would prefer to keep my budget under $150 if possible. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I've gone through a bunch of boots and right now I've gotten my money's worth out of a pair of Ariat workhogs. I know they make a waterproof one which mine isn't but the ones I have keep my feet dry. I like them alot and will probably get another pair after I wear these out.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider

Love these things. I've worn them a couple years and still going strong. Need to replace the laces but otherwise in awesome shape. One of the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, work or not.

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
I second the ariat work hogs. Also had a pair of timberland ag boss’ that treated me well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Georgia Eagle One pull on boots. Best leather that I have seen against barnyard mud and chemicals. Only boot that lasted longer than a year working in hog facilities. Only downside is they are heavy, IMO.

Jeremy

mbania

FNG
I have had really good luck with Justin boots. Ariats just never seemed to hold up well for me.

Moose63Pa

FNG
For work my boots have to be lace up. I have had very good luck with timberland PRO boondock boots. Typically get a year out of them. Most other boots were 3-4 months before they would pull apart or start to leak.

I'm a dairy vet. I have tried a dozen brands of boots, none of them were good for me for more than 6 months. As of now I have switched to running shoes under Tingleys and my back is feeling better than it has in a long time

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

B

Brando'

Unlined Hoffman Pac Boot may be good for your application. Rubber bottom is waterproof and would last a lot longer than leather in your work environment but you still get the breathability of the leather upper.​