Work boots

its also good to rotate. ive got 3 pairs so they get a chance to dry out. not using anything fancy though just some Keen steel toes. verdict is out on longevity but its nice being able to have fresh on the feet every day.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
One more vote for Thorogoods. Take care of the leather and they'll take a lot of abuse. Getting my pair resoled now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
I have used mainly Red Wings in the past, but bought some Thorogood Wedges this time. Love the fit and they are holding up great.

The Wedge sole sucks in winter conditions though.

OP
mj23polaris
Thanks for all the responses guys, deff some brands listed I've never heard of.

Gonna do some research but it's between

Leaning kenetrek bc of the fire resistance. I work around Sparks and slag/melted rail at work from time to time and depending on what position I'm on. So that would be a benefit since I've metled the hell out of boots in the past.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
i work in construction environments and also the customer service biz (in and out of people's house's).

And so far i have had:

2 pairs of 8"Redwing Dynaforce. Not the most comfortable boots, but not really too uncomfortable. They both lasted about 2 years each.
A pair of Timberland Pro Titans i think they were called. The most comfortable so far, but lasted about 8 months before the sole split apart on me. Not off the boot, but from the out and midsole.
Then the ones i have now that I'm not digging are a pair of Georgia Boots. Wellington style, non insulated, slip ons, and no cusion pretty much. It was one of their cheapest ones, but will come in handy as a pair of clean/dry back up boots.

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
i have a Thorogood boot, have a few pair actually. I have an older pair I need to get resoled. Most comfortable boot i've ever worn, so of course they've discontinued that model.

Muttly

WKR
Around the 5 year mark for a pair of Hoffman pole climbers...
Slightly taller heel than Danner Rain Forest, lower than loggers. Resoled about a year ago, this spring, tore a little chunk off the steel toe. Wouldn't go jogging any great distance in em, but pretty comfortable for all day wear..

curt514

FNG
Timberland Pro Endurance. Great boots. I worked in a steel wheel factory doing maintenance. It was it not uncommon to be standing in a pile of hot metal chips one moment and in a inch of water/oil the next. I would replace the insoles after 6 months with a fresh set but i would get a year out of a pair. Never wore through, never lost an eyelet, and never punctured the sole. I am on my 5th pair.
e0f6c3d4df1b0c4cd0329f197317e3d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
Go meindl and don’t look back. I bought the meindl ground boot 6.5 and you won’t regret it.

The same Garmont boots that I hunt in are also my work boots (field surveyor). I've been wearing this pair for almost two years and they're still going strong, a little leather cracking from the constant mud/sun treatment but the sole and seams are still solid. My previous pair lasted about the same length of time and I'll buy another when these are done.

My current boots are the civetta gtx which were discontinued and apparently rebranded as the Dakota lite.

I'm not sure if they make a safety toe though...

I’ve been happy with all of the keen work boots. Right now I have some Danners and really liking them. I work outdoors and in wet environments, usually have at least 2 pairs and rotate into dry boots daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk