Work boots

Looking for options for work boots. I've worn through 5 pairs of boots in less than 5 years. I've had red wing, Justin, wolverine, and Irish setter.

Don't want to get into another logger style boot with a high heel. Wanting something like kenetreks lineman extremes or another mountaineering style boot with a safety toe.

Anyone have any insight on other brands or experiences with what I'm looking for?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've been through about the same number of boots. Doesn't matter the cost, if you are on your feet and using them every day they have to be replaced about every 9-12 months. I've had Red Wings, Keen, Irish Setter, now I'm in a pair of Danner's that I like really well. Probably my favorite fit was the Red Wings because I got fitted for their orthotic insoles. That made a huge difference in comfort. However the soles wore out on those boots in 6 months and I had no traction. Doing landscaping and masonry, some mountain properties with steep slopes this was not good. You don't want to slip when carrying a heavy stone or bucket of mud!!

I've recently become a big fan of Golden Fox boots, I previously was a die hard Red Wing guy, but the investment for how long they last wasn't worth it to me anymore. I tried a pair of Georgia boots and almost crippled myself. I found Golden Fox by chance because I wear a low top Chukka style boot, and there are not many options available. I am on my third pair now, and they last longer than my Red Wings and I could make the argument that they are as comfortable, if not more comfortable than my Red Wings.

https://www.goldenfoxfootwear.com/

Look at wesco's. Longtime whites's/nicks wearer but have a pair of wescos as well. Their heel isn't as aggressive and you can get them withhhout the heel if so desired. They may be the best made of the "big three" in the boot world.

basic construction, some on uneven unpredictable ground through flat concrete for 6 - 9 hours - I sucked it up and bought of pair of the Tibets I hunt in, not an instant cure but 300% better for sure

Wapiti1

WKR
Wesco or Whites. If you call and talk with them, they offer more than the web says they do. They are custom boot makers after all. I wear the White's Hathorn met guard boots with a low heel. I work in a steel mill and get 2 years between rebuilds on them.

Jeremy

Alchemy

WKR
I’ve used a couple different brands:
Thorogood
Timberland pro
Justin
Keen
Frye

They all last about a year.....
I usually use a wedge sole moc toe style boot but have recently been wearing keen mids in the summer. I’m about to just buy some crispi’s for this winter and see how I like them....

Brucebarker024

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve gone through keens, red wings, danners and more. They all only last about 10-12 months. It’s not easy to find a bulletproof boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I wear White's Outdoorsmans with the Sierra sole for vineyard work. They aren't overly tall, and can be rebuilt/resoled.

When I placed my order, I was called with the recommendation that I trace my foot and send it in. I'm glad I did, because these boots fit me perfectly! They run big, so I sized down and went one size narrower than anticipated.

I wear White's Outdoorsmans with the Sierra sole for vineyard work. They aren't overly tall, and can be rebuilt/resoled.

When I placed my order, I was called with the recommendation that I trace my foot and send it in. I'm glad I did, because these boots fit me perfectly! They run big, so I sized down and went one size narrower than anticipated.
not understanding ? White's had you trace an outline of your foot, I get that as they always have done that - Why would you choose to "downsize" ?? or did the White's tech suggest that ?

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
not understanding ? White's had you trace an outline of your foot, I get that as they always have done that - Why would you choose to "downsize" ?? or did the White's tech suggest that ?

I often wear a 12.5(13) and have a narrow foot, so I figured the 12 C would do the trick. They requested the trace, and recommended an 11.5 B. I went with their recommendation, and the boots fit great.

Buzby

WKR
Which redwings did you try? They’re not all created equal. I buy the #2406. I can get several years out of them.