Work Boots

Glen1978

FNG
Looking for a pair of work boots. Im a maintenance mechanic / forklift mechanic. On my feet on concrete alot. Dont need steel toes. Ive got all kinds and tried all kinds of boots. Salomon GTX Quest 4 (think thats the model), Wesco Firestormers, friends recommended a H&H pull on square toe (worst so far), have A set of Kenetrek mountain guide extremes too for when I lived in Colorado but they are too much boot. The Salomons have been the most comfy but they dont last and think that model is discontinued. Thought about Thorogoods, or maybe a lighter version of my Kenetreks. Thoughts?

nobody

WKR
Ariat Work Hog. They do a composite and a steel toe as well. My dad is in HVAC and usually gets between 2 and 3 years out of a pair.

clwg97

FNG
Heard good things about Thorogoods, but haven't personally owned any. I work in a steel mill that requires Met guards, but I have had Keen for my last few pairs and have been happy. I got one pair of Ariat square toes and they were alright but I broke them down to quick. We get 1 pair a year. I had a pair of Redwing pull on Pecos boots and they were the best ones yet.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I wear moc toe Thorogoods, I work for the railroad and the ballast chews up the soles on everything I've tried in less then a year so I just go for most comfortable now. The uppers seem to last and if youre on concrete the soles shouldn't wear out on you as fast as they do me.

Warmsy

WKR
Thorogoods are comfy and lasted me 2 years. I wore them full time construction and all hiking/ recreation. About to buy another pair. Some models have the smoother sole, as opposed to traction lugs.

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
I work construction, on my feet for 10-12 hour days. Have been wearing thorogoods for 4 or 5 years. Best work boots I have owned. Last longer and more comfortable. Easy break in. I wear a wedge sole waterproof. I have owned them all, in my 25 year career.

I work in home remodel construction on a variety of surfaces and Thoroughgood has been one of my favorites for concrete and finished floors. The leather is very high quality too, best I’ve owned.
I also have Danner Bull Runs, which are pretty nice and have lasted a while.

jmez

WKR
I am on concrete all day every day. Thorogood by far the best work boot I have found, and it isn't even close.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

djfergus

FNG
Looking for a pair of work boots. Im a maintenance mechanic / forklift mechanic. On my feet on concrete alot. Dont need steel toes. Ive got all kinds and tried all kinds of boots. Salomon GTX Quest 4 (think thats the model), Wesco Firestormers, friends recommended a H&H pull on square toe (worst so far), have A set of Kenetrek mountain guide extremes too for when I lived in Colorado but they are too much boot. The Salomons have been the most comfy but they dont last and think that model is discontinued. Thought about Thorogoods, or maybe a lighter version of my Kenetreks. Thoughts?
I've tried to find a comfortable work shoe for a while now. I'm in maintenance also. I just got a pair of Thorogoods and they are more comfortable than my last pair of redwings from last year. The Thorogoods are ok. I can live with them. Haven't found anything better so far. I still haven't found a pair of shoes as comfortable as a pair of redwings that I had and were discontinued about 4 years ago.

khel

FNG
Keens for me. Been wearing them for years. 90% inside on concrete etc. Usually last about a year. 12k steps a day or so. I'm sure quite a few brands will outlast keens, but I wanted something light and breathable, especially at summer time.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I’m an electrician on concrete or step ladders 99% of the time. Almost everyone I see on jobsites now we’re thourogoods. I’m on my second pair and probably won’t go back to any other boot

RCL

WKR
Thorogood and Carolina boots made in USA are excellent.
Long lasting and excellent quality.
Have been wearing the wedge sole models for work and couldn't be more satisfied.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Thorogoods. Mine have all been steel toes but they have been the most comfortable work boots I've tried. The non-steel toed ones are probably even more comfortable.

bvs12

FNG
Carpenter here and on my feet for 10+ hours every day. Redwings classic american made is the best! When they break in they are like slippers on your feet. I wear them at work and then I wear them out after. By far the most comfortable boot I have ever tried on.