Work Boots

lvtuna

FNG
I wear a redwing 866 model. They slip on and the leather insole forms to your feet. I have been wearing this style boot for 33 years. Wedge sole is very comfortable to stand all day. Usually will resole once maybe twice. Pipefitter weldor

Thorogood boots are comfy but the soles don’t hold up. I’m a machinist running big boring mills so chips are everywhere. I had my doubts about the sole from the beginning but the guy at the boot store said they’d hold up. The soles are almost wore out in 3 months. They also say oil/slip resistant and they’re the most slippery boot I’ve ever worn. I’m hoping I can get them resoled easily or replaced under warranty. The leather portion of the boots are top notch but the soles don’t compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire_9

WKR
Been wearing whites for about 10 years now and I won’t wear anything else at work. They’re expensive but I can make a pair last for at least 4 years so cost is a wash especially if you have them rebuilt.

Buzby

WKR
I’ve had a great experience with 4 pair of Red Wing 2406s. They’re completely American made, not to be confused with their garbage imported line. The break in is pretty brutal, but that’s because of the thick leather. I’ve have one pair (resoled) that’s 10 years old. I can get several years out of them, so they come out to be really cheap. I do have a pair of Thorogoods. They use thinner leather, so the break in is much easier. I don’t think the build quality is quite as good, but I do like them.

Go to the White's boots site on the internet. They build some incredible boots. All my father and others wore when he was a line-man. They make more work boots and I'm sure they will have something that would work for you. I bought a pair of Whites Outdoorsman boots uninsulated for hunting that have the Montana Claw lug sole. BEST pair of boots I have ever owned.

Here's one just as an example. Lots of variations/models to choose from.

1649811131171.png

Last edited:
My brother was also looking for a good pair of work boots for a long time, but something always didn't fit.

burns152

FNG
I spend a lot of time in automotive assembly plants on concrete all day and I've been wearing Redwing 1242s and love them. Most of the guys I work with wear some type of Redwing boot.

CCooper

WKR
White's Dri-Foot for a Gore-Tex boot. My first pair lasted 5 years and 5 rebuilds before they told me they didn't want to rebuild them again because the uppers were toast. Still working on my second pair.
Edit- Looks like the quit making them- that sucks.

Last edited:

Twodog

FNG
I have the Keen Cincinnati 6" Soft toe, they are amazing boots for the $$$. super comfortable, I'm on concrete and asphalt all day as well.

My brother was also looking for a good pair of work boots for a long time, but something always didn't fit.
It was either the size, or the shoes were of poor quality, or the company did not fit. In short, there have always been some problems. Even the sensational company Salomons did not make my brother happy. Then one of my friends advised my brother to visit the website of the best work boots in Canada, and he decided to try ordering a pair for himself. And to his surprise he was very satisfied, the boots were very durable and of high quality. So if you need good work shoes, I recommend you to try them.