Work pants?

Dunndm

WKR
I’ve been in construction now for about 7 -8 years and I was wondering what pants people wear?
It’s almost summer and around me we’ve gotten a few heat waves recently and I’m struggling. Feels like I jumped in a pool and put my pants right on and am running laps...
so on that note, I’m curious to know what people wear that’s light weight, and relatively durable that... well are work pants that aren’t super expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
I like my dickies loose fit. Have a carpenter style pocket that’s perfect for my most common tools. 20 ish dollars at the army navy store.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I like my dickies loose fit. Have a carpenter style pocket that’s perfect for my most common tools. 20 ish dollars at the army navy store.

I was looking at those. Just seems like they aren’t that “breathable”. I get jeans aren’t going to be super breathable but they seem as heavy as denim

EastMT

WKR
Wrangler stretch, I’ll never go back to non stretch pants for work. Makes walking, ladders, bending over, squatting so much more comfortable.

I put on an old pair of carharts the other day for a few minutes, I was like oh hell no, they are at the thrift store.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

I have tried all work pants the past few years wile I've worked for the railroad I finally destroyed a pair of carhartt force cargos that we're my go to summer pants. Tried these and will never go back to a cotton blend pant for summer, I love these pants get em wile their on sale.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

^^^ the Duluthflex are epic...

I am climbing in and out of equipment and aggregate screens, grease, dirt, sweat, sand etc all day long and nothing stands up, cleans and is as comfortable as these pants... I’m getting almost two years of abuse out of 5 pants (wear a new one daily) and I couldn’t be happier. I would get 6 months out of carharts before I blew the crotch or a hole somewhere.

I dunno what they are treated/made with but they clean up amazingly well too! Worth the money imo

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I got 3 different pairs that were stated on here. The wrangler flex waste ones are by far the best and cheapest. Long jevity wise idk yet. But so far; they are super light, breathe and are super flexible

I have the wrangler hiking pants a pair of Eddie Bauer guide pants and a pair of la police gear operator pants and of course the cotton uniform pants that the shop provides. We build and install aerospace tooling. Assembly fixtures and the work platforms and scaffolding that goes around them. The Eddie Bauer guide pants are my favorite except for not having enough belt loops even in the summer time in Nashville in a shop with no air they were great. The wranglers were a close second if they fit like the guid pants they would be a winner. The la police gear pants are like army Camo bdu pants. Same 50/50 material and fit. They were a bit warm but not bad. If they didn’t have elastic around the waist they would be great but after a 12 hour day it is sometimes painful. I forgot I also have a pair of the Costco pants. I wish all pants had a waist band like them. They are the least durable and I don’t use them at work but are great around the house. I want some Duluth pants to try and to also hopefully give a little protection while riding my Harley back and forth to work. I hope this all makes sense it always sounds better before I type it. if you have any questions just ask

I wore Wranglers for many many years then as I got older and smarter I tried Carrhart work pants, not the double leg style, just cotton blend and not too bad then 4 years back I was ordering some more and tried the Carrhart FORCE pants, I've been wearing them for work, play and casual nonstop since, sure they're a bit warm in 90 degree summer heat but until it gets to 90 I'm pretty darn comfortable and I hate hot weather

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I wore Wranglers for many many years then as I got older and smarter I tried Carrhart work pants, not the double leg style, just cotton blend and not too bad then 4 years back I was ordering some more and tried the Carrhart FORCE pants, I've been wearing them for work, play and casual nonstop since, sure they're a bit warm in 90 degree summer heat but until it gets to 90 I'm pretty darn comfortable and I hate hot weather

If the high in a day was 50 and sunny id be a very happy guy.. not much of a fan of hot either

I went through the same dilemma about 6 months ago. Wanted something similar to the pants I hunt in. Bought a pair of the Wrangler Outdoor stretch pants at Walmart for $20 and i’ll Never go back to carhartt. I bought 3 more pants online the next pay check. I don’t even think i’ll Be buying Prana’s anymore with these at $20