Working up new load with wrong primers

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
I started working up a new load tonight and 18 rounds into it I realized I was using a different primer then what the load book called for. Instead of using Remington Large Rife 9-1/2 M Magnum I was loading Remington Large Rifle 9-1/2 (not magnum). I figure my options are keep going with the standard Large Rifle and see what happens, cut my losses and load everything over again with the magnums, pull the bullets, pop the primers and save the powder and start the process again... what do you think I should do? Loading 300 Win Mag w/ Ramshot Magnum using 168 grain Barnes TTSX. Loading 3 rounds per charge, started at minimum charge of 78 grains going in .5 increments, got to 80.5 grains. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
save what you have for fouling the barrel before you fire the rounds for record.

load your correct rounds and shoot a comparison test. Remington are known to be hot so they will probably fire but you may get hang fires or just poor accuracy from poor ignition.

either way it will be a good test and yield info you can save.

Rich M

WKR
I've popped primers out before and only had 1 (so far) that has failed to fire out of 30-40-50. Not gonna hurt you as long as you remember to use those primers for range shooting and not the important stuff.