World Record Pack Rat

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Well maybe not a world record but the biggest one I’ve ever seen. My knife is 4” long for scale.

Attachments

• AA00E8EF-2FA0-4D2B-9CDE-CE6B03BE966E.jpeg
    AA00E8EF-2FA0-4D2B-9CDE-CE6B03BE966E.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 323

Mt Al

WKR
Genuine, certified sliver back pack rat right there. Full body mount? Rug? Can't go wrong either way.

Shamelessly stealing this thread: there's an insanely wealthy man with a rifle range nearby. I was out at his place about 15 years ago and he says "I got sumptin in my freezer I gotta show you" and it was a freeking massive gopher (ground squirrel/Montana and, no, it wasn't a Columbia ground squirrel - which are huge). This was the King of All Gophers. I asked if he had a "lab" or was selectively breeding for size, is his gopher herd free range or high fence, special feed, etc.. He denied it all, but something tells me he's up to no good.

Awesome packrat!

OP
D

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Working on ranches growing up I cleaned out a lot of pack rat nests from old houses/corals/etc. My buddy and I once put a bailing string around one and kept it as a pet for awhile. It was a vicious little guy. Most were about 1/5 the size of the one in the original post. This thing was just a monster.

Can you hunt them over bait-piles? What's best, Cheez-Its, or Cheetoh's?

That's a vicious looking critter!