Worried about Montana’s future

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewer427

WKR
Passing through Missoula today and an article caught my eye that Missoula city council passed a gun ban for public places 8-3. Now I know nothing will come of this as it is already in the works to be pushed up to the Montana Supreme Court and then possibly further if needed, but every time I return from work to the state I was born and raised in and that I love, I am recognizing it less and less. There is a undeniable change occurring with the influx of people from the coastal states who seem to be chipping away at the way things have been done here for generations. There is getting to be quite a few billboards around for banning trapping and stopping the grizzly hunt and though it still is only a few, I have heard people in public openly talking about the need to get rid of firearms when I never use to hear that. In regards to hunting I was eating at a restaurant in Bozeman a couple months ago and heard a group of people talking about the “cruelty” of hunting. After about 10 minutes of listening to misinformation being spewed forth from them, I simply asked if they had any idea on how much wild meat is consumed by hunters each year and how much is donated to food banks that receive good clean organic meat to feed people with, to which they responded with that is the same old excuse hunters always use to justify the killing of innocent animals and that organic grocery stores are everywhere in Montana now and you don’t have to kill an animal to get your food. I encouraged them to take a look at a Instagram page called nature is metal to see how “innocent” animals really are and showed them a video of a grizzly bear eating a calf elk alive. They stated that was a isolated event and grizzlys mainly forage on vegetation and dead animals that died of natural causes.

Maybe others will think I am overreacting but I feel I’m justified in my concerns. The drastic change I have seen in the last couple years makes me worried on what’s to come of the smaller populated western states in the next decade or two.

Jbehredt

WKR
Look at Colorado if you think you’re overreacting. Montana and Idaho are next on the list. And not far behind.

matthewmt

WKR
I'm seeing the same thing in the flathead.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I saw that too, I was surprised but maybe I shouldn't be. People have been dumbed down. Most of those people probably can't change the oil in their car or even a flat tire. Once you get a bunch of people re-locating they bring their ideology with them. Get enough of them together in an area and this is what happens. These are the idiots that think that guns kill people and that outlawing guns means criminals wont have them , that's how we defeated drugs right ! ?? ....they are sheep.

bobr1

WKR
Yeah it is unfortunate and it concerns me as well. I moved here to hunt, fish and be left alone after getting out of the military. Having dealt with west coasters ideology for a long time I am not sure how to combat it because they seem to never be wiling to try understand it from anyone else's perspective (they're right you're wrong). Luckily the capitol is in Helena and not Bozeman or Missoula. I think because the universities tend to attract way more liberal leaning people now. Just look at a presidential election map by county. It is literally all red except for Missoula, Gallatin county and the reservations. I find it interesting that the policies that a lot of the west coasters voted for and wanted are the same ones causing them to leave the state in mass exodus so they can go somewhere that is affordable. Now with the ability to work remotely people can live in "pretty" areas and try to change the areas to the way they want them. I hope that this would never become a state issue but if it did then I guess I would pick up and move on to somewhere else. And if your moving to somewhere you should be moving there to be part of the culture not trying to change it.

Last edited:

sasquatch

WKR
What’s funny is, these people are LEAVING states for the reason being that those states were ruined by those mentalities but they they want to change the states that ATTRACTED them!!!!

Like ppl migrating here for the prosperity but want to make us like the countries they ran from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s funny is, these people are LEAVING states for the reason being that those states were ruined by those mentalities but they they want to change the states that ATTRACTED them!!!!

Like ppl migrating here for the prosperity but want to make us like the countries they ran from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is truth! I don't understand it one bit.

Btaylor

WKR
West coast wall is an idea I can get behind.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's both coast. More specifically it is all of the major metro areas and the results of generations of people living thier entire life with no interaction with the natural world. It is ignorance of the life cycle and order of nature. It is the resulting air of entitlement that if one complains loud enough and long enough they can create a special interest group and get their way.

Trial153

WKR
This isnt limited to the coast or Montana or anywhere. Its nation wide, there is no place treading the other way proves it.
There is no peaceful solution to this

that is the same old excuse hunters always use to justify the killing of innocent animals and that organic grocery stores are everywhere in Montana now and you don’t have to kill an animal to get your food.

These people are delusional. They are right - you are wrong; and they don't want to have an educated discussion about the topic with a person who shares a different opinion. This goes beyond just the topics of guns/hunting. After all - we are all just a bunch of uneducated hicks, shooting guns and killing animals for the fun of it.

tntrker

WKR
America can only be (and is) defeated from within. Voting, even at the lowest levels of office, is the only way to combat for our future. Not just in Montana, but all across our Country. It's not enough to just vote in the BIG elections anymore. It all starts at the lowest levels and grows upward...

Yeah, this is happening everywhere. People move to a place for a certain way of life then try to make it the like the liberal shithole they just escaped from.

muddydogs

WKR
So here's a question that goes along with this topic kind of I guess.

I'm a stepdad to 2 girls in there mid to late 20 that have 3 boys between them. The oldest grandson is 10 and shows little interest in hunting, middle grandson is 6 and youngest is 2. 2 of the kids have a father that does a little water fowling, very little and the middle kid has no father in his life. From the birth of the first grandson I had plans of getting them into the outdoors and hunting, I've taken them all shooting, camping and ATVing, had the first grandson on a couple turkey hunts when he was 6 and 7.

I now wonder if it would be best just to leave hunting out of the picture unless the kids show a lot of interest in it? We have these wacko's running around trying to take away our guns, hunting and public land. Every other day I read something negative about the things I love to do or someone doing something bad that sheds another bad light on my hobbies. The numbers say that the number of hunters is falling but around my parts it seems to be getting more crowded every year with dumber and dumber people running around the outdoors with guns. Sometimes I think it would be much easier on them if they didn't have the hunting and gun nut desires that I do. Who knows what the next 20 years will bring. Most days I'm glad I'm as old as I am and just hope i'm dead before things get much worse and I have to take up fishing more.

So whats your opinion?

KJH

WKR
Its not just Montana, its our entire society and it has finally started making its way to places like Montana in a big way. Sad, but true. Social media, 24/7/365 news media, progressiveness, left leaning activism, and participation ribbons are all shaping our national persona. Places like Montana who once stood for things like personal freedom and individual values are eroding away each day. It is a false belief that mankind and society always evolve for the better and that government can socially engineer a utopia with more laws. Generations of people living without a close connection to nature and being taught that they are always right is a tough ideal to overcome for those of us who value the freedoms our founding fathers intended.

Difficult problem, even more difficult of a solution...

bsnedeker

WKR
So here's a question that goes along with this topic kind of I guess.

I'm a stepdad to 2 girls in there mid to late 20 that have 3 boys between them. The oldest grandson is 10 and shows little interest in hunting, middle grandson is 6 and youngest is 2. 2 of the kids have a father that does a little water fowling, very little and the middle kid has no father in his life. From the birth of the first grandson I had plans of getting them into the outdoors and hunting, I've taken them all shooting, camping and ATVing, had the first grandson on a couple turkey hunts when he was 6 and 7.

I now wonder if it would be best just to leave hunting out of the picture unless the kids show a lot of interest in it? We have these wacko's running around trying to take away our guns, hunting and public land. Every other day I read something negative about the things I love to do or someone doing something bad that sheds another bad light on my hobbies. The numbers say that the number of hunters is falling but around my parts it seems to be getting more crowded every year with dumber and dumber people running around the outdoors with guns. Sometimes I think it would be much easier on them if they didn't have the hunting and gun nut desires that I do. Who knows what the next 20 years will bring. Most days I'm glad I'm as old as I am and just hope i'm dead before things get much worse and I have to take up fishing more.

So whats your opinion?

We need good people instilling young people with a passion for the outdoors. If you give up on teaching your youngsters that just leaves the idiots teaching the next generation which is only going to make things worse. If even one of your grandkids gets the same level of enjoyment out of hunting and being outdoors as you do, I think you've made a positive contribution to the world that will pay off as that grandkid teaches their grandkid what you taught them.

Be the change you want to see in the world!

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
Muddydogs, take them boys outdoors. They are still young and can really grow up appreciating the outdoors and wildlife. Do your best to give them positive experiences and try to set them up for success and they will be more likely to enjoy it all. Regardless if they grow up and like to hunt or not, if helps if a person has some real life experiences to form their opinions moving forward. The boys may grow to like it, and could be an influence on their friends and others around them growing up. To keep them away from guns and outdoors is a win for the left. Remember the left is always trying to deter people from hunting, and divide and conquer is one of their methods. Never surrender.

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
I have developed a set of logical arguments for these situations. I have yet to not come out on top or at least a tie.

First thing I ask is are you a vegan? Atleast a Vegetarian? Do you own any leather products?

Most times it over right there. They might not voice it but can see there nothing but a hypocrite.

As far as city folks moving to the country. I actually had a conversation where I innocently asked why they moved here. Really pissed them off when I pointed out. The values you brought with you is the same values that turned the city into a crap hole. To top it off I told her she needed to adopt country values or go back to the city.

BTW the economist that advice my company has been dead on about most things for the last 15 years. Hes predicting a global depression by 2030. Maybe the big citys will destroy themselves.

Billinsd

WKR
Eastern Montana and Wyoming are different. I spent about a week bird hunting in northeast Montana. I went back in time. It was wonderful. I stayed at a motel in Southeastern Montana, Baker. The owner was a woman, born in San Diego, was living in Dana Point, gorgeous city. She and her young family moved the hell out. They don't hunt, they are not against it. They wanted a simpler life and wanted to leave the once great and beautiful state of California. The liberals from New York and the east Coast destroyed California. Now Californians move and destroy other states. It's inevitable in my opinion. The motel owner in Baker said east and west montana and Wyoming are like different states. Californias, with the exception of a few that like eastern wyoming and montana for what it is are not moving there. I talked to a woman in a liquor store in Baker and she said a lawyer from New York lives there part time. Same scenario as San Diegan, to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.