Worried about my sheep hunt

Yep trip insurance, you buy when you book. Just like buying medi vac, sar insurance—buy when you book make it all part of your package. I really hope everyone of us that have trips planned are able to go, we’ll see. We have a May bear trip as well and told my buddy going if we aren’t able to go I think that means we have way bigger worries. Hope to be able to do Sept. elk? Stay safe..
I’m really doubting travel insurance will cover travel disruptions and government prohibitions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. They would likely honor a claim if you were infected at the scheduled time of your trip and could not go due to an unforeseen medical emergency. However, here is a direct quote from a major travel insurance company about COVID-19, “Claims due to known, foreseeable, or expected events, epidemics, government prohibitions, warnings, or travel advisories or fear of travel are generally not covered.”

I have a trip to Azerbaijan scheduled for the first week in June that is now likely toast. But if that’s the worst thing that happens to me and my family this year I’ll consider myself lucky.

keller

WKR
Well shit happens quick.i never thought I would need trip Ins I'm healthy. Well thur got hurt at work.yesterday found me in surgery. Luckily they got me in before hospital changed it's protocol to emergency surgeries only due to covid 19.now I'm laying around with estimated heal time of 4 month's.

I went tdy to Japan from Alaska a few weeks ago - at this point I just want to be home before the summer and I will do as much hunting as is possible this year. Hard to say with all that is going on when that will be. I do miss the heck out of Alaska though, even if it is breakup-ish right now. My main wonder is how much life changes long term as a result of the COVID.

Yesterday the state of Alaska issued an advisory to limit all non essential travel to and from the state. A while later I got a message from the outfit I work for that our spring bear season is on hold due to this.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
If everybody would hole up for 14 days, this thing would be over. But because people are too selfish for that to happen, it's going to drag out. My guess is by late May this has blown over, and this fall will go as planned. What is not accounted for is how many people lose their jobs in the next couple of months and default on loans, etc. Things could get tough financially, but I doubt borders will still be closed. In other words, if someone doesnt go hunting I think it's because they choose not to, vs the outfitter cancelling or the government cancelling the season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If everybody would hole up for 14 days, this thing would be over. But because people are too selfish for that to happen, it's going to drag out. My guess is by late May this has blown over, and this fall will go as planned. What is not accounted for is how many people lose their jobs in the next couple of months and default on loans, etc. Things could get tough financially, but I doubt borders will still be closed. In other words, if someone doesnt go hunting I think it's because they choose not to, vs the outfitter cancelling or the government cancelling the season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It’s not that simple unfortunately.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
The Canadian border isn’t closed to US or Canadian citizens FYI, I just had to look into that to get some items trucked up here. Now if they halt air traffic and actually mandate a quarantine then that is different. But as of right now it’s good to go.

Tod osier

WKR
The Canadian border isn’t closed to US or Canadian citizens FYI, I just had to look into that to get some items trucked up here. Now if they halt air traffic and actually mandate a quarantine then that is different. But as of right now it’s good to go.

the Canadian border is closed to nonessential us citizen travel.

link to declaration:

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
And it closed down yesterday at some point too. Well my information was from Thursday right after it was closed for everyone else. I stand corrected. Good luck meeting your hunts this year and everyone stay safe.

Tod osier

WKR
And it closed down yesterday at some point too. Well my information was from Thursday right after it was closed for everyone else. I stand corrected. Good luck meeting your hunts this year and everyone stay safe.

My post reads a little snippy - sorry, I was posting quick and wanted to get the info out. They did a 2 step, closed the borders to everyone but us citizens and then like 2 days later closed it the border to us citizens (and we did the same to them).

May be a quiet summer without all the RVs from down south. :). I hoping not, tho.

Villages are starting to put up the gates. We had a giant project planned to start May on Adak and that was cancelled this week because they don’t want outsiders. A lot of this villages are over 50% 60+ and not a single hospital bed. It could be a bad deal if it got to a hub like Bethel, King Salmon, Unalaska, Kotz, etc and spread from there.

Makes you wonder what they will do with canneries - most of their people are from overseas or Washington state and start showing up in about a month. Could be tough days ahead in AK if we need to shut down tourism and fishing. Add in these oil prices and we have some big problems.

You can Google an article on 2 pet dogs confirmed infected.

The one that says "The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) said that infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations, all agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets become ill with Covid-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people."?

Or is there other information that would be of concern?

MattB

WKR
The one that says "The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) said that infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations, all agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets become ill with Covid-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people."?

Or is there other information that would be of concern?

There was an article on Yahoo news yesterday citing that 2 dogs had tested positive for the virus, but I cannot find any links to it today with varying Google searches. Perhaps through fact checking they found the information to be incorrect? I will edit my post above.

There was an article on Yahoo news yesterday citing that 2 dogs had tested positive for the virus, but I cannot find any links to it today with varying Google searches. Perhaps through fact checking they found the information to be incorrect? I will edit my post above.

I read that dogs had the virus. It appears though that they do not become ill or transmit it. I also remember a story that a dog could transmit it by the virus being transferred to a dog and then transferred again to a person. I thought that from that story it said the dog was not infected though. I think the information regarding dogs is still not all 100% certain.