Worth it? Bowtech reign 6

Keedman

FNG
Was at turners earlier killing time. Walking through the aisle I saw a clearance tag on a bow.
Bowtech reign 6 60lb. For 650.
Currently shooting a bear cruzer @70lb 1st edition.
I read a bunch of reviews saying that the limbs where splintering and assume this was the clearance reason.

Also on this note, would a bow with a higher ibo such as this bowtech outweigh a heavier pull on a slower bow? I'm assuming the higher speed less pull wouldnt matter much except for the spine of my arrows.
I try to shoot heavier arrows with my short draw if 27.5"

Grumman

WKR
I’ve got a Reign 7 and have never had any problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2blade

WKR
Also on this note, would a bow with a higher ibo such as this bowtech outweigh a heavier pull on a slower bow?

60 lbs is 60 lbs, 70 lbs is 70 lbs. It doesn't matter how fast the bow shoots. The beauty of fast 60 lb bows is it saves your shoulder without giving up much performance. I know a bunch of guys that have been shooting 70 lbs for years with bad shoulders. They've had to have surgeries and such, one guy had to switch to left hand.

OP
Keedman

Keedman

FNG
Also on this note, would a bow with a higher ibo such as this bowtech outweigh a heavier pull on a slower bow?

60 lbs is 60 lbs, 70 lbs is 70 lbs. It doesn't matter how fast the bow shoots. The beauty of fast 60 lb bows is it saves your shoulder without giving up much performance. I know a bunch of guys that have been shooting 70 lbs for years with bad shoulders. They've had to have surgeries and such, one guy had to switch to left hand.

So just to be sure im understanding the draw weight is just that correct?
For example, a 70lb draw @315fps vs a 60lb draw @315fps... no real difference except your pulling the extra weight to make up the ground?

2blade

WKR
So just to be sure im understanding the draw weight is just that correct?
For example, a 70lb draw @315fps vs a 60lb draw @315fps... no real difference except your pulling the extra weight to make up the ground?

correct. but a bow with the same ibo speed, in this case both at 315, the 60 lb is going to be slower. roughly 20 fps slower.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
Bear cruzer ibo is 310
Reign 6 ibo is 350. Subtract 20fps for it being 60# then it is 330

So the reign in theory at 60# should be 20 FPS faster than what you have currently at 70#

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

co_archer

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Reign 6 at 70lbs and it was a fantastic bow. I eventually sold it and got a Prime, never liking the Prime as much as the Reign and now I'm back to bowtech with a Realm. It's a really great bow and pretty stable even at those speeds. Never had any limb issues.