Worth the weight?

Bourbon. Not really considered extra weight to me but probably for some. Just enough to have a cocktail or two at the end of the day. I also always end up bringing too much food. Somehow I always overestimate how much I’ll need and end up packing plenty back. I suppose it’s better than being a day late and hungry…

Nothing too fancy, my wife got me a bottle of old elk that was pretty nice. Maker’s mark is always a standard of mine but The last 4 day trip I just grabbed a 375 of Jim beam since it comes in a convenient plastic flask and I like it with a little water for an nightcap. Gotta stay hydrated…

I agree with BKehoe05 on the Red Man.

Pack your kids. I started as babies then helped pack my oldest’s gear in 5.5 miles into our elk spike when he was 9… He’s 17 now and can pack over a 100lbs of meat/gear. Now my luxury is that he packs more than I do

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I agree with BKehoe05 on the Red Man.

Pack your kids. I started as babies then helped pack my oldest’s gear in 5.5 miles into our elk spike when he was 9… He’s 17 now and can pack over a 100lbs of meat/gear. Now my luxury is that he packs more than I do

I’m really glad my dad took me on backpack trips when I was young. I did my first overnight backpack trip in the Sierras with him when I was 5 years old. Been hooked ever since.

For gear… I pack a helinox chair that weighs less than a pound. I glass from it, have shot off my bipod from it, and you don’t realize how much you appreciate sitting in a chair with a back on it at night in the tent