Worth the weight?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So what do you guys take on your backpack hunts that you don't adding extra weight?

I like packing a 85MM spotting scope, but there's an added weight penalty, so I drop weight in other areas to make up the difference.

Some guys pack heavy sleeping pads, other bring a book.

What are you bringing that's worth the weight?

BiG Boar

FNG
A string of horses can usually be some good extra weight to bring in.

My luxury item would be my iphone (HD camera, GPS with google earth, and music to bring up my spirits)

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
i don't consider the crocs expendable.......makes my feet feel "fresh" after a day camped out in an all leather boot.

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
I am adding 15 ounces to increase the size of my sleep system this year which I don't really need. I just toss, turn and side sleep too much to get a good night's sleep in my mummy bag. My past food estimations have been way too high so I tell myself that's where I will make it up.

A full sized spotter. But I don't bring a stove, pot, or silverware. No water treatment system, stuff like that to keep the pack weight down.

dotman

WKR
A sidearm for peace of mind. I have a little 380 that weighs 10oz, will it stop anything, nope but it makes some good noise.

Last edited:
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In Colorado I welcome bears to come into camp....less distance for me to pack them!

It may be a different story in Grizz country, but I have a better chance of getting hit with lightening than attacked by a bear (in Colorado anyway).

dotman

WKR
I carry it mainly for two legged critters. I'm considering updating to an ultalite that is only 26oz. Yup i know it is more mental then anything.