Worth upgrading? Kifaru

So currently I have a 2015 Duplex frame and a fulcrum. It has a brand new hip belt but has lots of unused straps and stuff that don’t really go with the new packs. It’s pretty heavy but hauls a load well

Is the new ultra light frame worth the upgrade? I think if I get the ultralight and a hoodlum it will save me almost 2 pounds.

That sure would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jtelarkin08
I am interested to hear as well hopefully Aaron will reply.

I’ve talked to Aron about it. He says he likes the new frame better and the way it carries a load. That said he didn’t say yes you need to buy the new one lol.

Weekender

WKR
I’m sure the performance is equal if not improved but either way if you lose 2lb that’s huge difference. I’m just going off weight opinion...I don’t own and have very limited experience with kifaru.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
All else being equal (load carrying) is 2 pounds worth upgrading? Thats quite a bit of weight and I assume you can still sell your used set up for a decent chunk of coin.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
The weight between the Fulcrum and the Hoodlum is 6 oz and a loss of 1300 ci.

I never had the duplex but between the hunter duplex and the lite I found the lite to be comfortable but not substantially better than the hunter duplex.

WKR
Just got that new frame on my daughter's Muskeg. Obviously too small for me, but its a helluva nice layout. I'd say go for it.

Load carrying and fit on your back the same... it’s a no brainer for me to upgrade and save 2#.

(I’m getting ready to sell one of my bikini frames to try out a new one)

No input in the bag swap though. I love my AMR and won’t be changing any time soon.

skierhs

WKR
Load carrying and fit on your back the same... it’s a no brainer for me to upgrade and save 2#.

No input in the bag swap though. I love my AMR and won’t be changing any time soon.

I’m thinking the same thing. I’ve been looking online and the new frames do seam sweet.

GarrettCrain

Lil-Rokslider

@mrbillbrown I have the lite frame at 26” if you want to check it out.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The new frames seem sweet, I need th thrash my tactical frame for a bit longer before upgrading though.

OP
Jtelarkin08
Well.... i guess it was worth it? I pulled the trigger. Ordered a new ultra light.