Would you bring a tarp ?

Kifaru Sheep Tarp here as well. Packs down Into nothing and I’ve pulled it out in so many rainstorms that I’ve lost count. I’ve also set it up and we've placed our packs and firewood/kindling under it to make more room in the shelters. A ton of uses and doesn’t weigh anything or take up any space to speak of.

You don’t have to do an expensive tarp either. 5x8, 8x10, 10x10 - consider these sizes and what or how many people your wanting to cover. My Sheep Tarp is a 1 man in my opinion although we’ve had 3 hunters under it before in a quick rainstorm.

Cstie

FNG
Hey guys planning a September elk hunting trip for next year in Montana. My question is would a guy bring a light weight tarp to set up over his tent just in case bad weather moves in ? We’ll be hunting out of our packs. Also if a tarp is needed what one would you suggest .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tarps are relatively light and can be packed small. I would bring it just in case, you never know when it could really help.

S.Clancy

WKR
I would use the tarp and leave the tent at home for a September elk hunt.

I see plenty of people use a tarp with a tent, tent only, and a tarp only.
Eh, I'm the opposite. I've seen it rain 2" in a day and snow 18" in MT in September. I've hunted here for 22 yrs and slept in a tarp only a couple times. Tent makes it way better in the case you have to ride out some weather