would you buy a 5 year old marmot sawtooth?

sk1

WKR
would you buy a 5 year old sleeping bag?

considering the 15F sleeping bag used, owner says has great loft and was rarely used for $75....or do I just pony up and buy a new one

i keep leaning towards a new one, but a used one sure helps the budget

just curious what you guys think

Last edited:
I've had mine for about 5 years (20* Long version) and it still keeps me warm. All depends on the loft it still has. I know that I try to keep mine stored hanging in the closet and this seems to help keep it 'lofty'...

Mike

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
well he claims he bought it for his girlfriend so it was used rarely and says the loft is good....im thinking it's a pretty good deal it might be worth taking a chance

dotman

WKR
Heck yeah, I think you can send it back to marmot if it looses loft and they will wash and refill it for a small fee.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
really dotman? i didnt know that...

sreekers - yes and no....if it's in bad shape i couldn't return it, i could sell it again but i would be honest about its condition and maybe get half of it back

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
i have some pics, i mean it looks fine but im sure i can't truly know without putting my hands on it...

BuckSnort

WKR
I'd probably buy it then... Especially if the person your buying from has a good reputation as a seller (Ebay or the like) or has a fair number of posts if you're buying from a member of a forum...

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
yeah he has sold a fair number of things on forums with a good reputation as far as i can find, i might go for it could potentially be worth the savings

Pull the trigger on that thing. Sounds like a great deal and the guy has more to lose with a bad buyer review on the forums than you do at only $75 purchase price.

Mike

dotman

WKR
really dotman? i didnt know that...

sreekers - yes and no....if it's in bad shape i couldn't return it, i could sell it again but i would be honest about its condition and maybe get half of it back

I'm not 100% sure but send slim9300 a pm because I believe he has said it before or send marmot a quick email or call them, 1-888-311-2900.

Lawnboi

WKR
Unless you can get it in your hands and see it i wouldnt invest. 5 years is a long time. Depends on how many nights it was used. How stinky the guy was that used it. how well it was cleaned. how well it was stored. where it was stored.

Too many variables for me. Bags are one thing i will only buy new, or from someone i know who took good care of the thing

jframe

FNG
I say buy it.Its only $75,if its legit-youve struck gold.If not,wait till the REI garage sale (or something similar) and sell/trade for new gear