Would you carry a g29 10mm??

I literally never knew this about 10mm. Not a huge .40 fan, but a really useful piece of information.
You can research it yourself, from what I have found it’s only safe in a Glock, due to how it holds the round.

some will naysay it, as anything off label, but I’ve read where competition shooters have done thousands of round with no problems.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You can research it yourself, from what I have found it’s only safe in a Glock, due to how it holds the round.

some will naysay it, as anything off label, but I’ve read where competition shooters have done thousands of round with no problems.

I never tried it, I’ve known about it for years though and I don’t believe I’ve ever ready any horror stories about it.

drdr07

FNG
I have the G29 in the SF version. Get the pinky extenders on the mags. Rides in a Kenai chest holster under my bino harness and I don't even feel it there.

I picked up a G29, as I wanted to compare it to my G20. I found it to be pretty stubby and harder to shoot than my 20. On top of it, I didn’t really notice the extra weight and size of the 20 that much, so I sold the 29.

Both the G20 and G29 are a good compromise in power vs. compactness IMO. I've been carrying a G29 when I carry in the backcountry for the last several years....downsized from a 454 Ruger Alaskan. It was just too heavy and bulky for me for that use (although a really cool and fun to shoot revolver!).

TheGDog

WKR
I shaved almost 1/2 Lbs off by switching to the G29 from my Ruger Security Six 4" .357

WyoHuntr

FNG
I run G29's, but i slap in a threaded KKM barrel. It adds a half inch for a smidgen more velocity, and a lot better accuracy. An aluminum muzzle brake really helps muzzle control on big compacts, without a big weight penalty. Like mentioned before, the Pearce grip extension (pinky grip) is a no-brainer add-on. I've run a longer barrel, but much prefer the muzzle brake.

aOWENc

FNG
I think the 29 is a great option. I went with the 20 because I don’t mind carrying larger guns most of the time. I did upgrade the barrel to a KKM due to the lack of case support in the OEM barrel causing brass life issues.

I carry daily, usually a G22 and when looking at 10mm Glocks had the chance to shoot them all. My accuracy with the G40 MOS was demonstratively better and I decided to go that route thinking, if a Yogi is coming at me, accuracy is the most important thing. Gotta hit the central nervous system. So I put my S&W 329PD in the safe and carry the Glock 40 now. I will pay the weight penalty. Really like the Deltapoint 2 optic with co-witnessed Hawkins suppressor sites.

g402.JPG