Would you carry a g29 10mm??

Scrappy

WKR
Would you carry a hot loaded g29 10mm for grizzly bear protection?? Love the compact size just wondering how awful it will be to shoot loaded hot.

FYI I'm not a gun guy, haven't carried since the Corp. Been hunting in heavy grizz country last couple years so figured I should be carrying something other than bear spray.

OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

WKR
When I carry my g29 it has the longer g20 mag and extender. Shoots awesome.
Ya I would be doing the same. Trying to talk myself into it since scheels has one on the shelf right now and not over priced.

Most guys would say get a g20 for the extra velocity. However, I like to be able to switch around and be compact. I carry it concealed at times.

OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

WKR
Most guys would say get a g20 for the extra velocity. However, I like to be able to switch around and be compact. I carry it concealed at times.
Been looking for the g20 and have come to the conclusion that the only way to get a new one is to order and pay way to much.

I bought both the 20 and 29. I figured I would like the 20 better. I didn't, I kept the 29. Get a 20 mag if you want to carry more, but at least get the pinky extension. Way more comfortable for me anyway

Awesome!! Let us know how it shoots.

BTW you can get an aftermarket longer barrel. Some guys go that route.

OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

WKR
Awesome!! Let us know how it shoots.

BTW you can get an aftermarket longer barrel. Some guys go that route.
Yup already figured to get a longer barrel too. Ya gonna turn me and the wife into gun nuts. She is more excited about this than me right now.

Yup already figured to get a longer barrel too. Ya gonna turn me and the wife into gun nuts. She is more excited about this than me right now.
Awesome. I have 3 in the 10mm. My lady loves shooting them. To be honest she might shoot them better than me. Ugh.

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I have all 3 sized Glock 10mm’s and a custom 41 in 10mm. I like my 29, reload for it, and carry it in MT back country with hot loads. My go to are 200gr handloads at somewhere around 1150/1200fps. The 29 fits a nice niche for carry, but my “go to” gun is always the G20. It just does not carry that much different than the 29 and is way nicer to shoot. That 29 is a handful with hot loads.

OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

WKR
Like my original post stated, haven't carried since the Corp and haven't bought a gun in a hundred years so I had no idea about the act of congress that I needed to buy a hand gun in iowa. Ya I'm that guy that doesn't have a clue😀😀😀