Would you carry a g29 10mm??

Does the EMG move around at all on the belt?
Not in my experience and have put some serious miles on with it. I have the 1.5 inch clips for the K2 and the 2 inch clips for my K3.

I understand what your saying because I bought a 329pd 44 mag. Only holster I could find when I needed it was leather. Not good.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I carried my G29 last year in AK in Grizz country. I had her loaded with Underwood ammo. It had a little bit of bark to it, but in all honesty, not much more than 180 target loads.

Elk97

WKR
Well I love Glocks and it sounds like you've made up your mind but I'll just say that I don't think 10mm (or 357) is enough gun for grizzlies. I know lots of people are carrying them, but you are going to be lucky if you have time for 1-2 shots and so the bigger the better. Just my .02, not trying to derail the thread but I hunt in grizzly area and have done a lot of thinking about this. Grizzlies are damn big critters.

nrh6.7

WKR
Not in my experience and have put some serious miles on with it. I have the 1.5 inch clips for the K2 and the 2 inch clips for my K3.

I understand what your saying because I bought a 329pd 44 mag. Only holster I could find when I needed it was leather. Not good.
Thanks. Been looking for a good EXO belt option that'll stay where you put it. My other option only has loops and can slide around. I like the forward cant built in also.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I carry one with an aftermarket extended barrel with a couple ports in it. Storm lake barrel I believe. It’s loaded with 220gr hard cast.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Well I love Glocks and it sounds like you've made up your mind but I'll just say that I don't think 10mm (or 357) is enough gun for grizzlies. I know lots of people are carrying them, but you are going to be lucky if you have time for 1-2 shots and so the bigger the better. Just my .02, not trying to derail the thread but I hunt in grizzly area and have done a lot of thinking about this. Grizzlies are damn big critters.
Take a target and put it at 20 feet. I bet I could get close to a full mag off in a couple seconds. Amazing how fast you can unload a Glock. And most will stay on a human Silhouette

I have one with a slightly longer KKM barrel and upgraded recoil spring. It's not horrible but it's will get you attention shooting hot loads. I also added the mag extention with finger groove to it.

If I had it to do over I would get the 20.

Would you carry a hot loaded g29 10mm for grizzly bear protection?? Love the compact size just wondering how awful it will be to shoot loaded hot.

FYI I'm not a gun guy, haven't carried since the Corp. Been hunting in heavy grizz country last couple years so figured I should be carrying something other than bear spray.
That is exactly what I carry. I hunt deer, elk and black bear in grizzly country. I love how small and compact the 29 is - I forget it is there. I am a pretty big guy at 6’5” 250, but the recoil doesnt bother me. The 29 has a bigger frame and fits my hand well.

If you decide you want to CC it around town, it is doable. I have several handguns, my G29 is my favorite just because of its versatility.

If you research this topic seriously, you will see that rounds on target and bullet construction are more important than the size of the rounds. You have to remember that you aren’t hunting them, you are just trying to survive an attack and get homr to your family. A CNS shot is the only thing that will take their legs out from under them anyway. Doesnt matter if that shot comes from a 9mm or a 460. I carry and practice with glocks every day. It made sense to me to carry a glock 10mm so all my practice for every day carry carries over into my bear defense.

TheGDog

WKR
Dude... get the G29. I put it in that Razco holster underneath my Marsupial Bino Harness. It's a great setup. Not obtrusive at all. Yeah... you'll know when you shoot a hot round thru it. It'll be a little "busy" in your hand, but nothing really bad at all. Just don't think you're going to be rapid-fire drilling-down onto the same one-ragged-hole type of deal in amazingly smooth and fluid fashion. A Massive fireball comes out the end of the barrel! But you'll still be able to fire them off fairly rapidly if trying to keep them on target.

Pic of Mama giving it a try (In the photo those were Blazer 170gr HP's)...
Fistful of FireBall.jpg

Wrench

WKR
I'd go shoot one with the ammo you're considering. I HATE the fat grip and long disgusting trigger pull, it lends to me being grossly inaccurate with that gun compared to a 1911.

I still own it because I like what it brings to the table. I do carry a 23 and 43x way more often because I shoot them better.

Wrench

WKR
Dude... get the G29. I put it in that Razco holster underneath my Marsupial Bino Harness. It's a great setup. Not obtrusive at all. Yeah... you'll know when you shoot a hot round thru it. It'll be a little "busy" in your hand, but nothing really bad at all. Just don't think you're going to be rapid-fire drilling-down onto the same one-ragged-hole type of deal in amazingly smooth and fluid fashion. A Massive fireball comes out the end of the barrel! But you'll still be able to fire them off fairly rapidly if trying to keep them on target.

Pic of Mama giving it a try (In the photo those were Blazer 170gr HP's)...
View attachment 299686
That pic is a prime example of what I don't want in a defense gun. Fire that at night and youre blinded by the flash. I never load defense with blue dot for just that reason.

Take a target and put it at 20 feet. I bet I could get close to a full mag off in a couple seconds. Amazing how fast you can unload a Glock. And most will stay on a human Silhouette
Agreed. I moved to a Glock 20 10mm two years ago after carrying a Ruger Super Alaskan in .454 Casull for over five years. I can draw the Glock and get three rounds on target faster than I could get a single shot off with the revolver. I feel like I’ve got a lot better chance with the Glock in 10mm. YMMV.

This article has been linked on Rokslide more times than I can count, but worth linking again. Lots of cases of bear attacks and many different calibers used:

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/de...s-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz6y3bOiAyf

TheGDog

WKR
That pic is a prime example of what I don't want in a defense gun. Fire that at night and youre blinded by the flash. I never load defense with blue dot for just that reason.
I agree that a powder with a more subdued flash signature is way way way more appropriate.

It'll be interesting to see what results I get with the powder I recently picked up. Winchester Super Field. I wanted CFE Pistol but it's out everywhere. Gentleman I talked to though reasoned that with a short length barrel though like the G29 has... that you're not going to be getting the velocity values listed in the reloading manuals for those topmost powders listed on those tables anyway (in the table for the particular bullet type I was to be using the CFE Pistol was listed as highest velocity produced). So the advice was to instead focus more on a powder that's producing accuracynot fouling up the barrel so much. Since the differences in velocities between the powder will be less pronounced in that shorter barrel anyway.

I definitely second the suggestion of getting the Pearce Magazine Pinky extension for better control. Makes an appreciable difference!

Wrench

WKR
Ive had good results with longshot in my longer barreled 20.....but do not get hung up on the fps too bad. A hardcast at 900 will still travel way deep. I saw enough penetration with the 200xtp i fed a bear that I carry my 40 and 9 more now because I can access them faster and shoot them better.

I have both the G29 and G20. I like to shoot the 20 more, but like to carry the 29. Its better to have a gun when you need it. Most will never use it, but everyone will carry it. So go with what is more important to you. velocity at 10' won't make a difference, you just need to hit the CNS.

Remember in a Glock I can shoot 40 S&W through the 10mm- (like a 38 special out of a 357 mag) So if you have problem finding ammo, or want to shoot a lot 40 cal is cheaper, then put in the heavies for carry.

Remember in a Glock I can shoot 40 S&W through the 10mm- (like a 38 special out of a 357 mag) So if you have problem finding ammo, or want to shoot a lot 40 cal is cheaper, then put in the heavies for carry.
I literally never knew this about 10mm. Not a huge .40 fan, but a really useful piece of information.