Would you hunt on tv?

Foldem

WKR
I just watched a good show on Outlander's Limited Draw and it got me thinking. It was a Colorado deer hunt and the guy hunted a well known burn in a zero point unit for3rd season. The guy has some really nice bucks on the wall from this unit and ends up shooting a respectable buck and seeing some other nice bucks. The show has obvious terrain, skylines, and the burn if you are a resident. The unit doesn't show up in huntin fool or eastmans. To capit all off whenhe punches his tag it clearly shows the units and hunt code! Here's my question. Would you potentially burn up your zero point muley honey hole for 15 minutes of fame? Me... No way! I am way too greedy!

Kevin

7mag.

WKR
I don't think I could for a different reason. I wouldn't wait for the camera man to get ready, I'd just shoot when the opportunity came. Of course, I'm used to hunting blacktails in the brush, and if you pass up a shot opportunity, you probably won't get another one.

Nope me either, I dont care about ever being on tv in the first place and between haveing a camera crew followin me around and one of my kids stumblein along behind me would prolly push me over the edge lol.
Steve

To me it sounds cool I like the thought an idea. But there's to me so many downsides and I think it would bother me way too much. I wouldn't want to wait for the camera guy if the opportunity is there I don't want it to disappear cause he wasn't ready. More ppl means more noise more scent to me there seems like way to many variables that I wouldn't like so I really don't know I like the thought but if they wanna know every detail where u are and tell the viewer I highly disagree with that

If I got invited for a hunt to be filmed for an episode, I'd do it. If they wanted to follow me on one of my hunts, totally depends on the hunt. As the OP laid out I wouldn't do it in one of my 'honey holes'... Canada or Alaska for bear, caribou, moose or sheep sure why not?

Mike

Mike

sk1

WKR
Not for a one time 15 minute show...if you know it could turn into something more, maybe....if that's your goal.

Floorguy

WKR
Back when Mike McCrary (Alaska transporter now 70North) had Alaska Bush Sports based out of King Salmon and had a guide and assistant guides working for him. Well a TV personality came out to film and the assistant guide knew who the sponsors of the show were and every time he walked by he would say "_______ sucks" as a joke the show personality thought it was funny but later told Mike they weren't able to use any footage. I thought it was funny.

No I wouldn't

Last edited: