…….

BBob

WKR
No

Edit: I don’t because I’ve lived in the west my whole life and grew up hunting here. I also have a handful of hard core successful friends so no need for me. For someone that has never been here or has little time no worries and I understand going with an outfitter.

Last edited:

bdg848

WKR
You could do a semi guided hunt. Have them put you in good areas. I would use an outfitter if Money was no object, at least until I learn what I'm doing. I'm doing $1000+ DIY trips each year...and they are really expensive learning experiences....I might skip a year or two and save for an outfitter.

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the guys who DIY. For someone from the East like me. I don't have the time sometimes to do a DIY hunt. I drew a really tough to draw tag in NM this year. I went guided for multiple reasons. These guys scouted the unit I drew and knew where the bulls were at right up until the day before the hunt began. Me never having hunted this particular unit, it would have been poke and hope for me. Retrieval is also a huge factor. DIY is still a great way to go. To just dismiss the guys who can't, well I won't do it. I've done it both ways. Having a tent ready, a cook to supply the food and the experience of guys who have guided in a particular area, is sometimes worth the cost. I drew my tag through the Outfitter Draw and it was worth it. 4 other guys from the Midwest who were there, spent $8500 on land owner tags. Now I would that's something I won't or can't ever do financially.