Wow. Female Biologist fends off grizzly with knife.

tater

WKR
a hand gun in canada? not going to happen.
Actually, people working in remote areas in Northern Canada can get permits to carry. Usually reserved for trappers and prospectors/geologists (my cousin had a carry permit for a large frame S&W for years when he did field geo work).

It is just a HUGE pain in the ass to get the permit and to keep it current.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wowsers-quite a story!

Funny this hasn't made the news anywhere that I can find, thought something like this would be all over the place???????

FLATHEAD

WKR
Actually, people working in remote areas in Northern Canada can get permits to carry. Usually reserved for trappers and prospectors/geologists (my cousin had a carry permit for a large frame S&W for years when he did field geo work).

It is just a HUGE pain in the ass to get the permit and to keep it current.

If I was in the back country up there and couldnt get a handgun I'd have an 870
slung over my shoulder, always.

Homer

FNG
just dont understand why those folks cannot carry handguns while they work
In Alaska bios are allowed to carry firearms for protection. This happened in Canada so no second amendment up that way. That’s one pretty tough and level headed individual though.

AndyB

WKR
Wowsers-quite a story!

Funny this hasn't made the news anywhere that I can find, thought something like this would be all over the place???????
If it was a hunter getting his ' just deserts' it would be all over the news...

Respect to this Lady.

She will have the ultimate story to tell! It really is kind of a fantasy for all outdoorsman to kill a Grizzly with a big ole Bowie knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk