Wow. Female Biologist fends off grizzly with knife.

TheGDog

WKR
good going Girl:

Makes me Happy for the KA Bar I have on my Chest strap of my Day Pack, it has been poked fun at several times in the past.
OH I feel ya... sometimes folks try to talk smack about me having a Pistol and Rifle on me for out here in "just SoCal". But it's like... I know I can't run well enough anymore. Therefore I shall HAVE to stand and fight whatever it is. So yeah... always got at least two different defensive tools on me when I'm in the forest. Because without the tools I'll be screwed. Unless maybe I can get fingers tearing into its face or neck. And even then, I ain't gettin' thru it without a ton of scratches and rips on me. So yeah... I tell em keep on laughin'.... you won't think it's so funny when I snap a bear-selfie. Then it'll be like "Homeboy was PREPARED!, Jack!"

TheGDog

WKR
What you been doing dog ? still hunting that hiking trail ? LOL
Been a while you come out of this shit unscaved ?
No... previous lower back trauma got exacerbated by all the inflammation Covid had caused. Next calendar year gona start appts about the discs in my back and/or my hip socket. Maybe even muck around and get the screws and plate yanked outta my wrist too.

Opah

WKR
If you want I care take a refuge up in the desert that has a really good area to sight the rifles and/or plink, I am up there Tues, wed, Thurs once a month if you want to come up some time, free room and board.
I will be sighting my New 308 BAR next month, maybe you can come out spend a day or two. Lets shoot some clay, plink and pop off the big boys bit

Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
In two weeks I'll be taking PTO for w weeks to throw at the general season at this new location in D14.

Opah

WKR
want some tips I hunted D14 high to low, side to side, in and out and all around.
I have four areas that will produce deer one the Big Muleys. Make the 5 if the lowest one is still open, it is one that I use to hunt every evening during the work week. a nice 4X4 got pulled out closing day, very brushy, but a good area

TheGDog

WKR
These aren't very big deer. Seem skinnier than my other spot in D15. But... there are more of them and you see them more often there in D14. I just need something legal, that's it. It's looking like it'll likely be a youngin' 2x2. But I have to figure with my back thing right now that just might be a helpful coincidence. I'm sooo hoping a Bear EFF's around and comes walking thru during shooting light! Saw one on cams at 2:30a that was decent enough in size to not be embarassing to take Solo.

Tod osier

WKR

Female biologist doing a mountain goat survey in BC was attacked by a Grizz and plunged her fixed blade knife into its neck. Lady has nerves of steel. Bravo.

I hate to be that guy, but every time this post comes back up I can't help but wonder where the blood is? Butterfly bandages, but no blood on the pants?