Wow...I drew a North Dakota Elk Tag!

NDGuy

WKR
I don't want to go to bed because I feel like I am dreaming.

I drew a highly coveted North Dakota OIL Any Elk tag....unit E4 which borders Teddy Roosevelt State Park. We have about 8k people apply for around 95 bull tags in units E3/E4 so odds are extremely slim. People put in for the big 3 draw their whole life without drawing so I want to do it justice! I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. I have from 9/3-12/31 to fill my tag so glad I saved all my vacation up to this point. Unit E4 opens up to unit E3 interchangeably after the first weekend. I can hunt with bow or gun as well.

Now the real preparation and work begins! I am going to give this everything I have, we have some beautiful country to hunt elk in and I never would have expected to get this tag let alone as my first elk hunting opportunity.

I have a solid plan laid out already but if anyone has any knowledge or advice please slide into those DMs!

I will update this thread with my hunt as we near showtime.

Cheers!

Also: My brother drew a ND Any-Moose tag as well. What a crazy day this has been for my circle, going to be a very busy fall.

1618288761299.png

Last edited:
What part of ND are you from? That is a good tag to have. There are some great bulls out there! Just the other day I saw 35ish head in E4.

slick

WKR
Congrats! Had a buddy pull the E4 tag, and another friends gf pull a cow moose.

Friends dad shot a helluva bull on your tag two years ago. I’m looking forward to you keeping us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Congrats! Had a buddy pull the E4 tag, and another friends gf pull a cow moose.

Friends dad shot a helluva bull on your tag two years ago. I’m looking forward to you keeping us updated.

That's awesome congrats to him! There was a guy on Hunttalk saying his brother-in-law drew E4 wonder if it's the same guy?

slick

WKR
That's awesome congrats to him! There was a guy on Hunttalk saying his brother-in-law drew E4 wonder if it's the same guy?

Nope. Unless he has a sister who’s married that I’ve never known about .

Think my buddy’s dad shot a high 360s low 370s bull and they had another one in their sights they thought was bigger. I’m hoping someone closer to me draws the tag so I have an excuse to come back and chase ‘em.

Scoot

WKR
Good for you! That'll be a fun hunt! My buddy pulled an M11 moose tag. Many would say one of the top moose tags in the state. He's jacked and I'm thrilled for him.