Wrangell Outfitters Contact?

Afhunter1

WKR
I’ve been trying to get ahold of Will for the last few months with no success. I’ve tried his email and phone numbers listed but was hoping someone here might have a better way to get a hold of him or has heard from him lately. I’d like to see about booking a hunt a few years from now.

Thanks for any help.

VernAK

WKR
I haven't seen or heard from Will this winter but he'll show up one of these days as he will be sledding supplies into Horsefeldt come spring. He will want to evaluate the herds in his area as we've had a really difficult winter.

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
I haven't seen or heard from Will this winter but he'll show up one of these days as he will be sledding supplies into Horsefeldt come spring. He will want to evaluate the herds in his area as we've had a really difficult winter.
Ok, Thanks for the heads up. I have never talked to him so I don’t know his habits. Ha ha. I just kind of assumed that this would be the easier time of year to get a hold of him.

schmalzy

WKR
I talked to him about a potential trip back in October. Super cool guy, he took the time to set up a zoom and asked me as many questions as I asked him. He was 2 years out or so if I remember correctly. Wouldn’t hesitate to book with him at all if it fit my schedule. I think some of his hunts are set up for horses and what not and has the ability to accommodate a range of physical fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as the OP, sent him an email about a month ago. I figure most outfitters are taking a break from the seasons and will start getting back to everyone here shortly.

I haven't hunted with him yet, but I talked to him about a moose hunt per @VernAK 's direction, and I can tell you no outfitter I have ever interacted with has gone to the lengths he did to answer my questions. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason he is offline, and that he will get back to you when he can.

VernAK

WKR
He's worth waiting for as he takes very few hunters into some amazing country. Before long he'll be hauling a couple ton of supplies 100+ miles by snowmobile if not doing it at this time. Hell of a chore.

VernAK

WKR
I chatted with Will's brother yesterday in Fairbanks and he told me Will had just finished freighting in his supplies for the year. This is a hell of a task to sled a couple tons of gear from Nabesna to Horsefeldt. Especially with the snow we got this year.

Will is now busy with breaking new horses. This is very considerate of will as on my limited horseback hunts, I thought I was breaking the horse.

Those of you that chat with Will should ask him of the time he got to his cabin and a grizzly had been sleeping in it all winter. Good story!

I chatted with Will's brother yesterday in Fairbanks and he told me Will had just finished freighting in his supplies for the year. This is a hell of a task to sled a couple tons of gear from Nabesna to Horsefeldt. Especially with the snow we got this year.

Will is now busy with breaking new horses. This is very considerate of will as on my limited horseback hunts, I thought I was breaking the horse.

Those of you that chat with Will should ask him of the time he got to his cabin and a grizzly had been sleeping in it all winter. Good story!
I'll be hunting with Will in 23 and will definitely ask him about that!

Old and gray

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at their packhorse pictures tells me that horse packing knowledge is not their strong point.

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
Does anyone know why his phone number has a PA area code? It is a phone number not to far from where I live actually.