Wrangler outdoor pants

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
How are these not more popular. Was at wal mart for the first time in 5 years and saw these. Ended up with 4 pair. We will see how they last, but remind me a ton of the firstlite curragate guide. No suspender loop, but stretch waistband, couple nice zip up pockets.

20 bucks hard to argue

OP
S

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
I had seen some people talk about them before, but have never seen them. I never goto wal mart, but wanted to check them out and grabbed a Sawyer squeeze filter.

It's been a long time since I've been in a wal mart, was surprised at the camping gear

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m one of several on here using them. I was skeptical of the quality but beating them up at work proved their worth. I was struggling to find the right pant that wasn’t too warm or cool and these fit the bill. I miss having hip vents but for $20 I can’t complain.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a pair. Quite a few seams coming unraveled in places, but they're 22 dollar pants. Im not expecting Sitka quality.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bruno59

WKR
Been using these for a couple years now mine have held up great i still have the first pair i bought and they still look good last time i bought them at walmart they had them on sale for $17 so i picked up a couple more pairs

smoothie25

Lil-Rokslider
I have several pairs of these as well. There are several different variations of these pants at various retailers. I purchased two pair from Target, one fleece-lined and one uninsulated without the cargo pockets. The uninsulated are great without the cargo pockets because you can dress them up a bit. These pants are comparable to my FL Corrugate Guide pants. They don't have as much stretch but for the price they're hard to beat.

I have nothing but great things to say about the fleece-lined pants. I LOVE these guys! I wear them all the time in the winter whether it's out scouting, doing some chores outside, or running to town. They also work great to wear under your waders for any duck hunters. I have been debating buying a few pairs just to keep in the closet in case they decide to discontinue these pants.

https://target.com/p/wrangler-men-s...s/-/A-54018320?preselect=53654692#lnk=sametab

https://target.com/p/wrangler-men-s...s/-/A-53736766?preselect=53429636#lnk=sametab

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
Have a few pair now wear them daily and have held up well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Usi05

WKR
I’ve been using mine for a few months. They seem to lightly repel water. I’ll be wearing mine out west.

Great bargain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
How’s the fit? True to size? I see on the wrangler site that they have thought about making a pair with a 33” waist but searching online turns up nothing. Any chance they run big or small?

Fatcamp

WKR
The ones I linked fit well. I tried others that are made for people without a butt. Those don't work for me.

Grundy53

WKR

manitou1

WKR
I just wish Wrangler would make them for taller folks. I am only 6'3", but have a 36" inseam. Wrangler seems to think all inseams stop at 34".
Thay are losing a lot of sales as any pants made in 36" inseams from other makers are always sold out.

OP
S

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
For the guy asking size. They seem to run true to size, little flex with the waistband.

To the guy who linked the fleece lined. I'm looking for a pair of those, but only ever find the carpenter style. If they had a fleece lined version of the outdoor that would be awesome

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the guy asking size. They seem to run true to size, little flex with the waistband.

To the guy who linked the fleece lined. I'm looking for a pair of those, but only ever find the carpenter style. If they had a fleece lined version of the outdoor that would be awesome

That’s part of why I didn’t get them. Eddie Bauer makes a lined version of their guide pants which are basically the same pant design as the wrangler with the zipper cargo pockets

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I spent five times as much on a pair of Prana Stretch Zion pants (which I’ve heard others mention as a budget pair of outdoors pants on these forums, oddly enough), but I much prefer my wranglers. The material is almost exactly the same, so far as I can tell, but the stitching does seem to be slightly inferior. The stitching in the back pockets started coming out after a few days in the turkey woods. After that, given how much I paid for them, I kind of expected them to just fall apart, but I’ve had them for around a year now, and they’re still going strong.

They also have a fleece-lined version that I love for sitting in a stand late in the season!

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Walmart ones and the ones that Target carries, I like the Target version a little better. They have an extra layer on the heel area and I like the pockets better. Also seem like the have a DWR coating on them.

Last edited: